1974 3.0CS in San Francisco

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I Especially like the three speed manual tranny. That must increase the value.

tmason

Reaction score
I guess them Real Bumper's would come in handy againist a real animal!Hope he gets it with that 2000.00 Government Motors rebate offer.

mpetry912

Reaction score
Not to mention the mandatory 3 pictures of the back seat - none of the fronts!

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

sirshorty

Reaction score
no pics of front seats

There are no pics of the front seats because in the AD it states the front leather needs to be replaced. It also states that a $2000 credit will be given towards new seats. How gracious! New front leather is 2k without new pads and the install. It will also not match the rear seats. Maybe it's just me but I would expect cars for 30k plus to not need any interior restoration.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
... Maybe it's just me but I would expect cars for 30k plus to not need any interior restoration.

i completely agree - 30k and it needs an interior ??? everything else ought to be perfect for that price. after you add $5k+ for a leather interior ... it has to be worth the value you have in the car.

just my 2 cents ...

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
You guys are being silly....old cars need refreshing from time to time. Perhaps the owner was too busy driving and enjoying the car to make the leather perfect?

The value of the car is in the body and paint, leather is just a detail. Besides, the front seats don't look that bad.

74BMW30SC027_zps61711a2b.jpg

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
If he wants to sell the car to an informed enthusiast, he should post the shots that count. Hoist shots, shots under the dash, shots up the inner fender, close ups of the shock tower area, door bottoms. Can't see anything with that shiny Black paint. Close up of the wood would be useful too. If a car is from Cali, prove it with the shots that make California cars premium cars. (Not sure Bay area is a selling point)