1973 RHD CSL FS

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Anybody looking for a nice survivor Ceylon RHD 1973 CSL drop me a line.
Car has a load of history with it. Fenders/sills sorted years ago, papers to confirm this. Purchased via a 3rd party from a deceased estate of 40yrs ownership.
Had significant mechanical work to re-commission. No structural rust I can find and have climbed all over and under it and looked up under the dash. I'd say half of car is original paint. I'd say car has never been pulled apart other than the documented rust work. Couple of bubbles (pictured) near the boot but nothing visible inside the boot, suspect it's just the paint. Engine bay, front wings and potentially roof have been re-sprayed at some point long ago. Door rubbers etc look to have some age and should be replaced soon.
If no interest here will send to auction but rather re-home to a fellow member.
Interior is complete and original. Some tears/wear on original seats. two of the windows are working, other two still gummed up.
Car on club plates and under my care in Tasmania, Australia. Can help with shipping anywhere.

IMG_1880.jpeg
IMG_1884.jpeg
IMG_1885.jpeg
IMG_1925.jpeg
IMG_1924.jpeg
IMG_1922.jpeg

Barry.b

Reaction score
Anybody looking for a nice survivor Ceylon RHD 1973 CSL drop me a line.
Car has a load of history with it. Fenders/sills sorted years ago, papers to confirm this. Purchased via a 3rd party from a deceased estate of 40yrs ownership.
Had significant mechanical work to re-commission. No structural rust I can find and have climbed all over and under it and looked up under the dash. I'd say half of car is original paint. I'd say car has never been pulled apart other than the documented rust work. Couple of bubbles (pictured) near the boot but nothing visible inside the boot, suspect it's just the paint. Engine bay, front wings and potentially roof have been re-sprayed at some point long ago. Door rubbers etc look to have some age and should be replaced soon.
If no interest here will send to auction but rather re-home to a fellow member.
Interior is complete and original. Some tears/wear on original seats. two of the windows are working, other two still gummed up.
Car on club plates and under my care in Tasmania, Australia. Can help with shipping anywhere.

View attachment 166378View attachment 166379View attachment 166380View attachment 166381View attachment 166382View attachment 166383
She is a beautiful car , my lottery tickets have not been very successful , so unfortunately I’m out :)
I’m just wondering, is that chrome strip under the roundal factory fitted ?
I don’t think I’ve seen that before.
Good luck with finding a new owner !

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
Haven't seen it either but will pick it up as a good solution to cover this area on my CSLThomas 20220922_115658.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very cool CSL @Wes. Seems like a nice project for the initiated!

Maybe a vinyl top at one point? Quite a few RHD coupes had them. CSLs not so much, though.

Correct. That is exactly what it is. Got to make those RHD CSL “luxury” :) Personally I think the vinyl looks pretty neat on an e9. My first US biased reaction to a vinyl roof is that this feature is distinctly America , typically found on “land yachts”. You see, within the US GM and Ford were doing this well into the 80’s while the euros were clean and simple.

Haven't seen it either but will pick it up as a good solution to cover this area on my CSLThomas View attachment 166385

I mean if you look at the outline, that is probably why that rust is there to begin with. :) Why would moisture collect there, and why would the problem stop at the glass?

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
At this position the BMW emblem covers a venting hole with a drainage pipe. If the pipe got clogged or loose water will assemble at this area. And with the CSL's thin metal body it did not take long until the damage was done

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
As Keshav just argued moisture could had assembled also underneath the Vinyl!20230802_171255.jpg

Here you see the drainage pipe

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
“Breakout Session”