1973 Hot Rod Coupe

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
Weird VIN

Can anyone explain that VIN? I assume the last 7 numbers are correct. But what's the prefix all about?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Curious about the details of this engine's induction and ignition.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
This car was on bringatrailer a few years ago, mark bought it. Probabably low 30s then, now I bet he is looking for 50, which is not unreasonable in this frothy market, as long as the car is truly solid.

shanon

Reaction score
Looks like the very nice Scheel interior my friend (original builder of this -'Mr. Hyde') put in there has been harvested out..... :-/

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like the very nice Scheel interior my friend (original builder of this -'Mr. Hyde') put in there has been harvested out..... :-/

Hey Shanon, I see the same replica seats in the photos fromthe BaT link. Maybe your friend still has a nice Scheel interior hiding in his attic...time to connect with old friends! ;)

shanon

Reaction score
Caught up with him last month.
Scheels were in car when he sold it.

shanon

Reaction score
Anybody know where Mr. Hyde went?

New caretaker should enjoy feeding it plenty of 'elixir'.

;-)

duane_sword

Reaction score
under-priced at $56 IMHO

Frankly that hot-rod coupe would be a blast to drive, a real enthusiast drivers car and vintage/SCDA track day car. $56K is underpriced. It will sell and the new owner will smile harder than most potting about in their pure E9s.

Brian D

Reaction score
Frankly that hot-rod coupe would be a blast to drive, a real enthusiast drivers car and vintage/SCDA track day car. $56K is underpriced. It will sell and the new owner will smile harder than most potting about in their pure E9s.
Well said.

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have seen it and been a passenger

I went to meet the guys at Hunting Ridge about 15 months ago and saw this car. It was clear that I was not going to buy it but they took me out in it anyway - just fantastic. The guys were great and the car, well I loved it. The torque was very, very substantial and the suspension felt fab. My car is like a Morris Minor in comparison.
C