1973 E9 front seat belt retractor

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I need either the flat retractor coil spring or a replacement seat belt the PN on the bracket is AF6005624. Was installing and noted the spring is broken is several places. My entire unit is black plastic parts and belt. Any help? Please advise.

Attachments

• Frt Retractor.JPG
    Frt Retractor.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 159

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks never heard of them I live way out in the sticks - hunting and fishing country seems you guys in CALI have everything!

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
He's in Durham, NC...very talented and nice guy for a Dookie. I only have his cell, if someone doesn't see this and post his email, I'll call him for you.

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Al has my broken retractor I thank y'all for the help. In preparing to re-install I have a lot of spacers/washers/bolts and so on which I have paired up to what I think is the correct mounting. Per my Blue Manual they have the attached detail which is not exactly how I have my attachments paired any advice? The attached schematics show 4 different mounting points and the orientation of the parts.

Attachments

• SB Attach0001.jpg
    SB Attach0001.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 148
  • SB Attach0002.jpg
    SB Attach0002.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 143

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those pics are for the e3 but each has three mounting points. You want the roof mount to move, the other two don’t need to move.

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The attached are the seat belts and the attachments. I took these off the car in 1990, having been a brake and safety engineer for Ford MO CO early in my career am probably over thinking the proper attachment method. This is the only way all the pieces seem to fit according to the manuals.
Straps Retractos_Page_1.jpg

Attachments

• Straps Retractos_Page_2.jpg
    Straps Retractos_Page_2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 142
  • Straps Retractos_Page_3.jpg
    Straps Retractos_Page_3.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Straps Retractos_Page_4.jpg
    Straps Retractos_Page_4.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Straps Retractos_Page_5.jpg
    Straps Retractos_Page_5.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 142

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Related topic:

Can someone tell me where items 10-12 mount in the interior (photo please)? It would be nice to have a place to hang the belt for a reach-around-and-grab.... It's available from CS-Werks, but I don't see where to mount it.

1572031778632.png

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That also depends on where your current seat belts are mounted. As Chris points out, parts are for 1974/75 cars which have a unique and the best system of all, I find. Here are some pics showing the setup. I did the modification in my 1973 model.

58DE5929-002F-4623-960C-928F27BC1A68.jpeg
EED30BF3-C366-43F9-9B62-84FB7CB9F34F.jpeg
ACB90806-D8EB-442A-BE66-23B8AC628E83.jpeg
475A0BC5-1FB9-4BD8-83A5-904E5F351345.jpeg
FDE597BB-91B5-4AC4-B3DF-F4917C0308D7.jpeg

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Keshav. Mine is a 12/74 manufacture date, so your photos reflect my system. Those hooks make life much easier!
Now I'll need to research the rear panel and trim removal... it's different from what I expected. I haven't dug into the rear sides yet.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good morning Willem,
in which case I’m surprised that your wood doesn’t have the hole in it for the triangle belt holder!

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
An Option? My trim panels appear to be the original set, so I guess it wasn't applied to all cars?
So there is not a circle of Hell waiting for me if I drill a hole in my wood trim? o_O

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
An Option? My trim panels appear to be the original set, so I guess it wasn't applied to all cars?
So there is not a circle of Hell waiting for me if I drill a hole in my wood trim? o_O

Do your rear armrests have the plastic inserts for the belt to slide thru? How about a pic of that area in your car. A 12/74 car must have that upgrade along with the belt guide.

pickman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I noticed on Keshav's photos the rear window vapor barrier looks to me fit over the complete window mechanism. I am installing them now and have a question: Is the bottom of the vapor barrier fit on the inside of the vehicle or tucked inside to channel all water into the inner fender for drainage??