1973 csl

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ron, I spoke with seller. Car outside of Albany, NY.
VIN is at the bottom with his signature.
Seller says steel doors, manual steering.
Scott

RonP

Reaction score
I started to restore the car and had it all stripped on the exterior and then received a call from a guy and he had to have the car, so I put it all back together and sold it. I did have enough time to take it on the drive in honor of Murray, though. The other Verona car I had is now being restored at Coupe King. That car #2275015 was a City Package car that was in Bimmer Magazine. The aforementioned car #2275205 was a pretty cool car, and I don't think there were more than 20 built like it. The car was a series 2 injected car, but non city pack! It had fiberglass rear bumper, front bumper delete, plexi rear windows, crank front, aluminum doors, no sway bars, but it had a trunk mechanism and full tool kit. That was the only thing that differed (besides the motor) from a series 1 car. Quite an unusual car to say the least.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally arrived.......and awaiting track duty

IMG_0948.jpg

These should require a separate driving certification...they are that fast. The only car I've driven recently that scares me more is a friends Stalker with close to 300hp (in a 1600lb car w/o traction control). I thought it would fell a bit like a Corvette, but it somehow feels more over the top.

Congratulations, and sorry to hear the CSL didn't sell as quickly as desired. It's a great car, a real time capsule. I thought it would be gone in a few days.

John