1973 BMW 3.0cs - $39500 Another one in Craifslist Los Angeles.

acat2002

Reaction score
he means $3,950, right? as in three thousand nine hundred fifty - I hope.

$39,500 is what we can call "crack pipe pricing" as in the seller has been hitting the crack pipe too much.

Not even the uninitiated or the more money than brains buyer would even consider this car at that price.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pimpadelic, baby. Seriously pimped out, with those wheels and seats.
If that car is 40K, then mine is 60K; and if you want it, come and get it for that! (photos in the registry)

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
I actually saw this car in person at Bimmerfest. I will give credit to the seller as the car was very clean and seemed to be in great condition. The paint choice on the other hand I did not like as to me it just didn't match the car. It reminds me of a color Dodge had on their Caravan minivans from about ten years ago. I do agree that $40k might be a little steep but then who am I to decide?

jmackro

Reaction score
Look, it's not my car, I don't know the seller, and really don't care what it ultimately goes for. Plus I hate the steering wheel and seats.

But...

It wouldn't be all that hard to replace the steering wheel, seats, and wheels. Where would you guys value this car if it was put back to original (well, still with its aftermarket paint) ?

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Value on this car?

Maybe 20K? The trunk needs work, back seat is not so great, engine compartment needs detailing, not so sure about the front fender seams. The mods are not for me, but that is a matter of taste. Period mods always look better to me. The paint looks good, as does the dash. It's not bad, but the seller needs to see what other CS's have sold for on ebay lately. Has anyone seen one go for more than 25K on ebay in the past 6 months? I can't recall one much above 20K.
Scott

jmackro

Reaction score
Maybe 20K? The trunk needs work, back seat is not so great, engine compartment needs detailing, not so sure about the front fender seams.

Scott:

Yea, that was pretty much my point. Sure, it isn't a $40K car. But, it isn't a $4K car either. Assuming the front fender seams, spring towers, rockers, floors are all sound, $20K seems in-range.

The seller deserves to be penalized a few bucks just for hanging that minivan steering wheel on an e9.