1973 Baikal BMW 2002tii sells for $93.5K

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If already posted, my apologies. This was crazy but congratulations to my good friend that sold this. 4 bidders pushed this through the roof. Probably won't look like much in a few years. And mind you this wasn't a charity number like the Clarion car. Which generally pushes the price up more than usual for the charity. Great car.....lots-O-Dough-though.

See link below:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-bmw-2002tii-10/

Looks like Paul at Autokennel was asking $34,990.00 back in 2013, just four years ago.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-...wner-socal-car-rare-baikal-blue-restored.html
IMG_3483-2-e1502908260675-940x727.jpg

Last edited:

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Shane, That is not the same Tii.

Chris, were you involved yourself in the resto on the 93k car? Looks like quite a car!

I think the trend in the market is that the best of the best examples continue to crush it when they come up for sale. A 76 automatic 2002 will forever be worth 10 percent of a roundie tii.

Congrats to Mike.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stunning car, but that's close to 2002 Turbo price territory.

A 2002 Turbo traded hands in Monterey for $154k, IIRC. German "Youngtimers" are hot, and the BMWs are finally getting the lift the Porsches got a few years ago (and then retreated a bit).

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shane, That is not the same Tii.
Oh wow, from my untrained color blind eyes they look identical. I do see slight differences like the front reflectors are on Mike's but not on the Autokennel, just thought he added for originality. Both nice cars, that is a big spread regardless between two Similar cars then.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Baikal Tii on BaT is Mike's, he also has Colorado, a Granada 1600 and 1602 Cab plus several coupes. No relation to Auto Kennel. No, I didn't help restore but watched the process along the way.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pelly's is colorado or inka...
I spoke to Mike and that was his tii that sold on BAT. Chris is referring to the Autokennel Baikal tii that sold a few years earlier that I thought was the same car. Looks very similar. I guess different car. But that was Pelly's tii that just sold. I know he has no affiliation with Autokennel, I though maybe he bought the one from Paul since it looked so similar a few years back, apparently that is not the case and whoever owns that car, the value just skyrocketed......Great job on the sale Mike! I guess we know who is buying breakfast or El Pollo Loco next time...LOL. Actually I think it is my turn...darnit!