1973 Baikal 3.0CS

phead82

Reaction score
I forgot to count how often the seller stated that everything's original - yet it's not... plus it's missing all the money shots.
Was white leather really ever an option? It certainly doesn't look right, at least not to me.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
ol' blue

Looks pretty nice from the pics, but there is no such thing, as we know, as "superficial rust bubbles"...I've seen the white interior before...thought it was usually on nichtblau (sp.?), but this looks original...as he says...but a car is usually a one-owner only once...
Dave V. in NC

tightbox

Reaction score
This particular shade of Baikal is quite striking! I have a '72 Fjord and a '73 Baikal in need of a repaint.

There was a recent thread discussing the different paint colors over the years (or was it different vendors) - all called Baikal. I'd be more inclined to keep mine original if it came out in this exact hue. Right now I'm leaning towards Fjord as some Baikal cars look too boring.

I'm also glad to hear that white was an original interior color. My '72 is a bit over the top with a fjord/white combo - I thought some drug dealer in Miami pimped it out. The new one will be Fjord or Baikal with a dark Merlot leather to better suit my tastes.

Sooner - mind sharing a picture of your original '70 white interior?