1972 Tuerkis E9 for sale

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
Description
This is a 1972 E9 BMW. Originally a Cs delivered in Germany. Oct 1971.
NOW a full Rotisserie restored car over 2 ½ years. 250hrs body prep and spray. Full rhino covering inside and out of floor including interior roof. Dyno matted throughout.750hrs of metal fabrication. Body fully epoxy coated against corrosion. Totally rebuilt M90/B34 engine with 282 shrick cam. Getrag 5 Sp G/Box. Eutronics Engine management system.German Napa leather interior. BBS RS Alloy Rims. Central locking.Airconditioning.Power windows front and rear.E9 Paint code 065 Tuerkis Metallic. 100’s of Resto Photos.
Go to E9 Forum under projects Page35 " 72 Rotisserie Restoration" and you will find all the build photos.
This is an outstanding E9 in every respect. Located Gold Coast Australia.
Asking Price $165,000 usd
IMG_6853.JPG
IMG_6851.JPG
IMG_6852.JPG
IMG_6856.JPG
IMG_6837.JPG
IMG_6826.jpg
IMG_6827.jpg
IMG_6828.jpg
IMG_6832.jpg
IMG_6840.JPG
IMG_6841.JPG
IMG_6836.JPG
IMG_6839.JPG
IMG_6847.JPG
IMG_6848.JPG
IMG_6850.JPG
20181005_114615.jpg
20181005_114436.jpg
IMG_6844.JPG
20190806_120601.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6854.JPG
    IMG_6854.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Link to the resto thread to show just how well this is car is build:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this looks to be a very well prepared coupe - WELL done + i would sell the pagoda and keep the coupe ... its too pretty to sell
if you must ... good luck with the sale.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Beautiful car... VERY nice.
And - as I have a similar Coupe with an M90 installed - I will be interested in how this works out for you.
I smile when I look at these pics. This one is VEEEEERY nice... And I love Turkis...

One thing that may be of interest to folks here -
I attended an event in the Seattle area last summer that was sponsored by Hagerty. One of the Hagerty folk's hosting it was the fella in charge of the Hagerty team that assign's values to cars. He was also the "BMW guy" at Hagerty. So - that got my attention. :)
We had a good talk after the event.
I asked him specifically about how they assign value a car like this - a 'spare no expense' restoration but with updated (and desired) drivetrain installed.
How does Hagerty assign value?

The jist of his discussion was that for a car that is otherwise 'perfect' but with a commonly available 'upgrade' package (like the M90 and 5 speed and such) - the highest they would go on agreed value would be as if this was a #1 condition car - but totally stock.
And.. low and behold... Looking at the Hagery guide, the #1 condition value for a 72 CS is $196k USD. Funny how that works. :)

Good luck to you....

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
thanks Don........I am looking to buy a boat........only reason for selling. Still have my 230sl Benz.
I am sure you need a boat, with 750 hours of metal fabrication you are probably under water in this project :).
Just kidding, very well done and probably drives great.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Paul & Jon helped me get the correct Glasurit Turkis metallic paint for my coupe. The Flats skiff I custom-built 34 years ago still gets used when I'm not driving....I guess my car will stay since I already have a boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Amelia 3-4-23 BMW Classic Group.jpg
    Amelia 3-4-23 BMW Classic Group.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 123

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a work bench to me :cool:
Those are the lures that I was getting ready for a trip to the Amazon. Here are pics of the boat in the water with Jeremy Wade. This Peacock was not his usual River Monster. I took him and a writer for the Miami Herald out in the urban canals near Miami International Airport for a story.
The flat casting deck has been used many times as a workbench, however....

Attachments

• IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 76

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful, but I don't understand.

WHy ROtisserie a car only to have that black tar all underneath?

Paint it body color (like Oldenzaal) or paint it factory primer.

paul

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rhino Guard is NOT a tar....it is a polyurethane/polyurea hybrid membrane lining system ......
  • Good noise reduction
  • Excellent weather resistance
  • Excellent abrasion resistance
  • Excellent corrosion resistance
  • Excellent impact resistance (no stone chips)
  • Resistant to most common oils and chemicals
Damn........I knew I should have done yellow zinc chromate bolts.........and a few years later the would have looked like crap !

dj_efk

Reaction score
In the uk, you’d need to apply some kind of underbody protection before taking the car out for peace of mind. Otherwise a stone chip in the finish could easily cause problems eventually, even if stored I. The colder months.

This is a lovely car in the best colour - good luck with the sale @paul