1972 E9 3.0CSL UK RHD going up for sale on eBay, E9 in Scotland.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
You salesman ! : 'What I will say is this, whatever the final agreed sale price is, it will still be a steal to the potential buyer. It's a CSL, an appreciating asset.'

One thing I will say is that I think a lot of csl buyers have been disappointed with the quality of rhd cars for sale restored in the £35-50k range. As such the opportunity to restore a car to your own spec seems perhaps more interesting than it might in say the e-type world.

Best of luck with the sale.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Go to the bottom of the ebay ad and you will see two RHD City Pack CSL supposedly in perfect condition, one kept in a heated garage for the last 32 years. Asking price, not the bidding price, 30,000 pounds for the first, 50,000 for the second.

Something to think about.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A European collector friend with R/LHD CSLs including a famous Batmobile feels, and I am closely paraphrasing: the restoration could easily hit $70-80K if the owner does some of the "organizing." He would not be surprised if it hit $100K considering some of the parts it needs. Big shops, the pros are now at $150-175K. It looks like a parts car, worth it at the current bid. Something to chew on.
Steve

wage73

Reaction score
I had to have all new sills and all the inner/outer rear/boot panels,plus door skins done and then a full respray on my Taiga CSL. I didnt get much change from £30k :-( It sure adds up. I would also point out that before this work, outwardly the car still looked in amazing condition. But once you start digging...

I think a problem is that we see the CSLs advertised at £45-50k as being 'fully restored' or 'perfect' condition, but from what Ive heard, they arnt. So maybe taking a gamble on restoration isnt so bad after all. I think Harry Medcalfe said £80k was paid for a mint RHD CSL. Maybe that might be closer the mark, with £50k cars being driveable, mechanically sound, outwardly in gorgeous condition, but still hiding a few of the usual problems underneath.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dangerous subject value etc but as you say Wage - a lot of the £40-50k cars still need a lot of money and TIME to bring them upto a1 condition. For me a perfect RHD csl is 'worth' >£65k based on that being less than the cost of procuring and restoring a rolling resto car.

Polariscsl

Reaction score
Really? The listing in my eBay shows it ended at £10,700 reserve not met. If that made £18k I had better add £18k to my agreed value!

Tom2240

Reaction score
The auction ended a couple of days early, when bidding was at £10700.
I spoke with the owner on the phone when the car was first listed he hold me the reserve was £13500 but he would end the auction early if he had a good offer he was expecting 18k. I was out at that price, he then emailed me to say he had an offer of 16k so I guess he got somewhere between the two.
Nice guy , great salesman , cool colour

Sportster

Site Donor
Reaction score
he then emailed me to say he had an offer of 16k so I guess he got somewhere between the two.
[/QUOTE]

Same here, was asked if I could improve on the offer. Before you know it, you've got yourself an auction!

Reaction score
I think that some car have a better future as a bank of spare parts for the cars that are easier to repair.
With today's labor cost, this car might cost $100K in restoration.