1972 Bavaria parts car?

e9allan

Reaction score
It's rusty. It needs everything. It's sad because when I parked it, I had every intention of getting back to it. I built this car in my head so many times. I had no place to keep it. It took way longer for me to get myself to a point where I could spend money on it. Now I feel it's too late. I loved the car, and it's my fault for it being too far gone. No idea if it's worth anything at all. Start at $2k and no offer will insult me. I deserve to be punished for letting this happen.

Like the title says 72. It's selling points... Decent wheels, Bilstein shocks, Red lowering springs (no idea what brand) ST sway bars. All put on about seven years ago barely used. car parked about 5 years ago I'd guess. IMG_0814.jpegIMG_0815.jpegIMG_0816.jpegIMG_0817.jpegIMG_0818.jpegIMG_0819.jpegIMG_0820.jpegIMG_0821.jpegIMG_0822.jpegIMG_0823.jpeg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Allan, no apologies ever! Good intentions, hopes and plans and dreams don't always work out. We have all been there. Those parts from your Bavaria will live on in anther body.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sadly, if this were an E9, it would be saved. I still believe this can be saved but it would be a labor of love and the investment would far exceed the worth of the final product.

Larry Louton

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello, I would offer a $100.00 dollars for both front Beltline stainless strips and gaskets. I can send you a shipping tube and postage if your interested.

Thank you.

Larry Louton

e9allan

Reaction score
Thanks. I will let you know if I decide to go that route. I'd rather sell the whole car if possible.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sure, I would rather sell a whole car than go through the hassele of parting it out.

Steve

Beam318ti

Site Donor
Reaction score
Allan, no apologies ever! Good intentions, hopes and plans and dreams don't always work out. We have all been there. Those parts from your Bavaria will live on in anther body.

Well said.

Allan -- I am sure you had other priorities and life events that took precedence. I also believe the car could still be saved but it may be a labor of love and not an investment where you could eventually recoup most of the costs (I guess I just paraphrased Bavbob).

Last edited:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think your front valance has a desireable early shape, indicating that it likely did ever have a nose dent. Notice how the 6 sets of teh ventilation slits in the front bumper all have an equal length? I think this part was only made up to mid '73. Everything after that date had shortened slits as the bumper mounts grew.
if you decide to part, think about chopping it out and offer it for sale. I guess there's a 300 USD part in there, as it still looks quite OK.

Attachments

• 2023_09_28_12_05_44_1972_Bavaria_parts_car_BMW_E9_Coupe_Discussion_Forum_and_2_more_pages_Work_.png
    2023_09_28_12_05_44_1972_Bavaria_parts_car_BMW_E9_Coupe_Discussion_Forum_and_2_more_pages_Work_.png
    708.7 KB · Views: 34