1972 Bavaria on eBay -- legit??

jmackro

Reaction score
Hi all. Curious if this looks legit to you guys and if so what you think a fair price would be.

I saw that one too, and am following it (though have no plans to bid).

Final price? Hard to say, the market is all over the map on e3's. I will say that you couldn't duplicate that car for under $15K, and would guess the seller has more than that in it. But where he put his reserve, and what he'll ultimately get are unknowns. Many of these auctions end with "reserve not met".

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is so much information missing from that Ebay posting that you really have no idea what you are bidding on. Is there a hole in the floor? Does it have the original rad? Suspension bushings, brakes, engine bay shot? The best Bavaria I have seen for sale in a while is that Green one from BC that didn't move at 6K.

amg5872

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I liked that green one up in BC a lot. I just hate the idea of paying another two grand to transport it.

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
Is it legit?

Most likely a legitimate listing, as it was featured on Bring A Trailer this morning. But shiny paint and a well-vacuumed interior do not a good deal make. Where are the money shots of the potentially rusty spots?