1972 3.0CS Baikal Bare Metal Repaint

Sgranger

Reaction score
I am selling my 3.0CS, I just finished a repaint which was stripped down to bare metal. This was restored in the late 90s from the Northwest. Moved to Utah in 2001 and only driven in summer for canyon drives, etc.

I purchased it less than a year ago and decided to have it refreshed. New leather seats front and back, removed all trim, front and rear glass for repaint. Was stripped to bare metal and repainted original color (Baikal). Rechromed all window trim and rear surround, new window seals.

All windows work, sunroof works, all lights, blinkers, etc work. Has the original radio AM/FM. The only drawback is this doesn't have air conditioning, however I do have an AC system I can pull out of a parts Bavaria I have. Engine is strong just had the valves adjusted, no leaks, brakes are good. The only reason I am selling it is to complete a 2800CS M30 conversion. I am waiting for a few seals and rubber pieces to come in and then I am putting it up on eBay, so I thought I would offer it here first.

$38,500

Email or Text/Call 801-661-8667

Pics coming soon

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Restoration photos would also go along way to showing what you are selling

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Baikal is such a difficult color to get right.
If it is indeed a beautiful baikal, should fetch close to asking price.
Pictures please
also VIN

Last edited:

Sgranger

Reaction score
Just a couple of updates, if anyone is interested. This was imported from Canada in the 90's I have the paperwork for the import. I have a four page summary of what was done in the 90's when it was restored at that point.

The engine is #'s matched however the transmission isn't. I have a bunch of pictures I can email, since I can't figure out how to post them here. I also have some of it stripped down. I have reduced the price a bit and I am open to reasonable offers.

Sorry I haven't been logged in for a while but I will try to keep up with PM's

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you edit your photos to Web Large you can upload five at a time. If it says upload failed they are too large. Or post on a sharing site and simply post the link here.

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
Restoration photos would also go along way to showing what you are selling

+1 By the looks of the engine bay and undercarriage, I would be very wary about rust on this car unless you have photo documentation of the body work and paint.

I spent way too much to have Mario and his men do the rust remediation on 2240171 but I know it was done right. They are pretty amazing!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
+1 By the looks of the engine bay and undercarriage, I would be very wary about rust on this car unless you have photo documentation of the body work and paint.

I spent way too much to have Mario and his men do the rust remediation on 2240171 but I know it was done right. They are pretty amazing!

Not to start picking this car apart, but I agree that even with pics showing a bare metal respray it seems to only be on the outside surfaces. The underside of the trunk lid and drip rail under the gasket for the trunk show signs of rust and have not been resprayed. It would be interesting to start the auction with a low price and put a reserve of $35k and see how high it goes.

Maybe I'm conservative but it feels more like $20-25k to me.

m73

Reaction score
Just by glancing at this car I also feel this is somewhere in the 20's.... low or high just depends on how much you are willing to pay....

MF

Last edited:

Sgranger

Reaction score
I have posted this again on eBay and lowered my reserve considerable so if anyone is really interested here is the item # 281669445590