1972 3.0 CSi Italian Import in West Virginia

FastCougar

Reaction score
I think I have documented everything here fairly well (http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14285), but considering the nature of the thread, I have decided to create it's own For Sale thread. I would consider this car the perfect candidate for a nut/bolt restoration as EVERYTHING is there and mechanically it runs great.

The car is located in the 25430 zip code and since I work from home, I can host anyone dropping by for an inspection/test drive, which I highly encourage. I will occasionally make it to Cars & Coffee at Katie's in Great Falls, VA (1:10 drive for me) and wouldn't mind meeting anyone there if it's easier for them (weather permitting, don't drive this in the rain). PM me or call (number below) for setting up a meeting date/time/location.

Price is $30,000 obo and I can be reached at 304-651-4155 9AM-11:00PM EST any day of the week. - Trevor

Last edited:

SHIMBIMMER

Reaction score

I grew up in Elkins,WV! Bought my first car (1975 e12) from a farmer down the road. Had squirrels living in it. I drove my 1972 csi to Elkins from New York last summer. Had I known - I would have come to say hello.

FastCougar

Reaction score
Last chance for a group member / lurker to get this before it goes on eBay in a few weeks. Make a reasonable offer via PM if the asking price has you shaking your head.

tmason

Reaction score
Cougar
Like John wish you would use a name but maybe I missed it with all the interest.Looking at the photos it's going to be a hard sell with all the rust.I think 30K is alot for what you have so if it were me I would put the 20K+ into so you could get 45-55K+ because on Ebay if you get 15-20K I would be surprised so don't put the reserve to high so you maybe get them into a bidding war.
Good Luck with sale.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not even $20k

You could probably do very well with a $10k or less investment to address the visible rust, and increase the value to $40k or above. Selling a car with an issue narrows your field of prospective buyers to experienced E9 owners or dealers who will want to make that <$10k investment and turn it into a big profit that you could pocket.

FastCougar

Reaction score
I'm personally in favor of restoration, but it's not my car or my money that would be shelled out. My father is more in favor of simply selling the car as is. If it does go the eBay route, I'll more than likely set the reserve at $20K and someone will make out well on what could be left alone for a decade as a driver or sink $15K into have a nice investment on their hands if they are detail oriented.

FastCougar

Reaction score
OK, we need this thing sold before the end of the year ... talked with my father and he's agreed to slash the price to attract more buyers. New price is $25,000 and it will be going in craigslist in a few days.

Last edited:

phead82

Reaction score
How much is it going for now, if I may ask (and you want to undisclose of course)? I was following your posts - was quite intriguing - as you went around the car and I pretty much started the same procedure recently. Which led me into rust remediation around the rockers/lower quarter panels, which is currently performed. Would just like to know how much you need to spend these days for a car in a condition like yours (very nice apart from the few spots you discovered)?
Cheers,
Patrick

FastCougar

Reaction score
Patrick,

I'll let the new owner divulge the details if he so chooses, but it wasn't far from my current asking price of $25K which reflects a heavy discount for the rust already. This is all pending a pre-purchase inspection by the buyer. I have no doubts he will find the car is as presented and will enjoy it for decades to come.

Best Regards,

Trevor

phead82

Reaction score
Trevor,

of course, I absolutely understand.
I am sure the new owner will be one happy guy with such a nice and original coupe like yours.
Good luck with the sale going through - I am certain it will.

Best
Patrick