1970 BMW 2800cs with 3.5 and 5-sp - $22500 (Sacramento)

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know, the wheels are a joke and a salvage title but, anyone in or near Sacramento to take a look?
Chris

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Those wheel are hideous. Might be a nice car though.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
TRY sfdon

I know, the wheels are a joke and a salvage title but, anyone in or near Sacramento to take a look?
Chris

Send a PM to sfdon. If you are serious, he could do a pre purchase inspection and has the qualifications. The salvage title could be simply the car was stolen at one point of a minor fender bender when the car was simply "an old car of little blue book value" Those wheel can easily be changed. My recommendation, 14" Alpina's or maybe those 16" Alpina's that are for sale on the board. Last, that steering wheel has got to go.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think this looks pretty interesting

I like the gauges (but would do 3: OP, OT, AF or Volts).

The extra AC vent is easily removed/covered up.

The seats look nicely redone.

Sounds like it got the E28 motor upgrades.

This could be a great car for someone (Not me bcause no SR)

If I were in the market, I'd get an E9 expert (SFDON) out there ASAP to inspect and try to secure a conditional sale (conditioned on results of the inspection).

(1) Contact shops that maintain the car for current owner. Remember they may not be honest (happened to me once).
(2) Ask for a copy of the paperwork from Fred's restoration so you can investigate what types of shops did the work. If the restoration/repaint was done by a run of the mill body shop you can be fairly sure no underlying "E9 special issues" were addressed properly, and you'd better check that it was a trim/glass out that didn't leave lots of overspray in door jambs and painted-over wiring/nuts/bolts/switches. You can learn alot from the receipt and from internet info about the shops involved

TodB

Reaction score
There is a shop named Schatz and Krum in Sacramento. They did the PPI on my car (15 years ago) and helped coordinate my purchase and trucking delivery. Not sure of their reputation now, but they were very helpful with me.

http://schatzandkrum.com/web/

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is a shop named Schatz and Krum in Sacramento. They did the PPI on my car (15 years ago) and helped coordinate my purchase and trucking delivery. Not sure of their reputation now, but they were very helpful with me.

http://schatzandkrum.com/web/

And they will know the car as it has been recently serviced there. Perhaps a phone call to the shop and they can tell you something?

Last edited:

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
I have seen this car at Stu's shop. I did not inspect it just took a look at it. Very clean inside and out.
Stu, the owner would be the one to talk to but is a very busy guy.

Stan I'm going there sometime this week i'll get the vin. man your slacking.

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Savaged title brings restrictions typically in insurance availability. Anyone interested should check with the us usual suspects on how they will look at this car.

John