1967 1600 on Jay Leno's Garage

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My very good friend Lisa, aka Lisa the Otwoprincess, and her pristine 1967 1600 are featured on Jay's YouTube channel. Lisa also won the BMW Clean Class at Legends of the Autobahn with her awesome Schwarz '73 2002 Tesoro pictured in the video.

First place for Tesoro.
IMG_6302.jpg

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great car in a great color. One quibble, We are all aware of the Hoffmiester Kink, but the bulk of the design of the 2 door 1600 is the work of Giovanni Michelotti. Got to look out for one on my favorite Italian designers.

Still a lovely car in the hands of a very dedicated owner.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I need to contact Lisa, she's a great enthusiast and is very passionate about BMWs. There are several things on her Derby that need to be corrected to achieve originality which is pretty to easy to do

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
It was great meeting Lisa this year. Her enthusiasm was infectious.

And her car was so clean, well, many of us just had to hang our heads in shame.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a '68 1600 while in college (that car changed my life.) Some interesting things about it: no headrests; mechanical clutch (had to be adjusted occasionally); the brake vacuum booster was not directly operated by the pedal; came with a clock, but was wired for a tach (found a tach and replaced the clock right away); manual choke (to the left of the steering wheel); blinker stalk on right, headlight low/high/flash on the left; 12 volts with alternator; "folding" key. Not sure how long BMW retained those "features," but by '69 the 2002 were greatly improved vs. the 1600s. What fun I had with that car (except it was very hard to start in Syracuse winters...and don't even ask about rust...)