‘74 E3 for sale on Facebook in BC

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Haseeb, hard to say without lots more photos. But given the distance from you in NJ and shipping costs and the hassle and expense of bringing it in from Canada I would look for something closer. Google BMW Bavarias for sale. There are dozens and dozens out there. I know because I just googled them with a vague eye towards maybe/perhaps purchasing one. Although prices have gone up along with all the other classics, they are still a bargain for what you get. I have owned four over the years. Love them.

Steve

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Haseeb, yes it looks like you need another car, and probably one , say 4000 km away, that requires customs stuff, transportation and so on. o_O Umm, like Steve has mentioned, way easier to find something closer. It is always amazing what pops up, once you start combing all the local sites. Good luck!

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi

The hassle to import is minimal; most shipping companies manage it for you. Plus advantage of USD to CAD conversion. I'd ask the seller for more pics and go from there. Way cheaper to buy a car with minor rust issues than one that needs proper rust repair.

Regards

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The hassle to import is minimal;

I've imported two vintage cars (1962 and 1967) from Canada (BC). Super simple for me since I live near the BC border.

I go with the seller to the local ICBC office. They prepare the docs I need to import the car (no charge IIRC), I load the car on my trailer. Stop at the US side of the border. An agent comes out and verifies the VIN against the paperwork (no charge). I'm on my way. I go to my local WA State Department of Licensing. Present my docs. Pay the sales tax and registration fee. I'm given a title and plates.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like it sold for $8.5K. 2.5L Slushbox from Canada (no guts)...save your money like everyone else said and hold off for US car. Not worth the import unless very rare E3.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've imported two vintage cars (1962 and 1967) from Canada (BC). Super simple for me since I live near the BC border.

I go with the seller to the local ICBC office. They prepare the docs I need to import the car (no charge IIRC), I load the car on my trailer. Stop at the US side of the border. An agent comes out and verifies the VIN against the paperwork (no charge). I'm on my way. I go to my local WA State Department of Licensing. Present my docs. Pay the sales tax and registration fee. I'm given a title and plates.
And if you plan on driving the car you need to stop at tagagency or some local agent , in my case local pharmacy or CVS and buy a transit 30tag. Otherwise you can not drive the car as it’s not registered ! at the border I had to show my bill of sale and pay 2% custom fees, unless the car was Originally made in USA.