Grey Market e30 wagon M

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi fellow enthusiasts! I was at the F1 track here in Austin on Friday flogging an R8 around the track with the (shhhh) Audi driving school and one of the instructors had this for sale: .... as you can tell, my conversations always circle around to the BMW's. Anyhow, this young man was very interesting and he's looking to sell this- he moved from Colorado to Austin and the car is at his dads house (with the lift) in Colorado, and here is his little write up on the car: Looking for $11K

"Hi Peter. It’s a 1988 325i Touring. 147,000 Miles.

It is a Gray Market car, meaning, 25 years after production, the US regulations are released, and importing the car is much easier.
This car was imported from Britain in November of 2015. We then bought the car around November of 2016.

Since my ownership, it has had regular, and preventive maintenance.

Frequent oil changes

New Bilstein shocks on all corners.

New tie rod ends

New Turner Motorsports driveshaft

UUC short throw shifter

New shift linkage bushings

Replaced the rear diff with a 4.10 LSD

The water pump, and timing belt were replaced around 144k

The car is receiving a new refurbished head, including all new valvetrain components + timing belt right now

Car is located in Colorado, with a clean title, and just passed emissions.

These are the most recent photos I have on my phone. "

I have no dog in this hunt but if anyone is interested I can give the owner's number-

Attachments

• e30wagon.jpg
    e30wagon.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 304
  • e30wagon1.jpg
    e30wagon1.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 298
  • e30wagon2.jpg
    e30wagon2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 302
  • e30wagon4.jpg
    e30wagon4.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 320

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love everything about it except the steering wheel placement. How am I supposed to spill ketchup on those velour seats if I can't go through the drive-through? :D

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Save for the RHD, this is my unicorn (it used to be an e9 :D). This is the car I would use to replace two others in my overstuffed garage. I even love the color. But I am not up to the challenge of flipping my driving experience around to the "passenger" side.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Somewhere in Ireland is a FIAT with wheels and fender bearing the rash and scars of my RHD skills on narrow roads. My wife mocks the evolution over time of the size of the oncoming truck I was evading and the narrowness of the road. To me, it was a semi on a sheep trail. To her, it was a Subaru Brat on an interstate.

DaSurfa

Reaction score
Peter,
Would you kindly please send me the contact info for this E30 wagon?
PM sent as well.

Mahalo,
David