back, new bunch of kits departed today

prepared 6 kits with the parts available, and sent them today to:

PHILLIP
DAVID FOS.
DAVID RUM.
ROHAN
GLENN
TOM (plus other part)

sorry, instructions were not inlcuded inside the parcel, so use the photo from our friend DERSCHWEDE in post number 47 on this same thread

or alternatively:

regards

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
please check interested people on the final set of kits

as far as i can remember/check, there are still two kits payed and pending:

ERIK
ANDREW

these two need to wait until middle of septemeber for a new order of the bits that the kit consist of

is there anyone else for the final round ?
am I missing any other ? DTORTOISE expressed interest but no news since then...

regards

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
The mailman handed me mine at the door today. While I had a long list of chores this week that is not getting shorter, I was near the car, so had to install it. DId not have the benefit of the detailed instructions. (Should have thought of the duct tape) So now I know how the parking brake works. I installed one bushing in enough to hold the claw mechanism in place, slid the handbrake in with the bearings and washers in place, pushed in the other bushing while holding the release button down. Took me a while to figure this out. The DQ kit is a perfect solution and should last forever with proper maintenance. (Inspection every twenty years).

Thanks.

Last edited:

pmallinson

Reaction score
Received with Thanks

Got the kit and very pleased, not had chance to fit it yet but will next time home from work hopefully, had chance only to reverse the Coupe out for a better quality photo shoot !!
DSC00025_zps1f91eaa0.jpg

DSC00024_zps693e0766.jpg

DSC00021_zps6bae8a43.jpg

DSC00020_zps1ee4fad1.jpg

DSC00019_zpscf891dea.jpg

DSC00017_zps5519e50b.jpg

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mine arrived today, the parts look perfect. I plan to have a good look and try to fit at the weekend.
Thanks DeQ.
C

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
*bump* for more people to get onboard. Please people, we need 5 people to commit to make it worthwhile for DeQ!

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can only say that I have put de Q's upgrade into 3 e9's, both of mine and a friends; they make the up-pull smoother and due to the construction I believe the associated stock mounts will last much longer. If you are not replacing the cables you can lower the e-brake, remove the rubber cover, apply a small amount of grease, remove the retaining clip from one side of the original pin and slide the de Q Sport model into place in a matter of minutes by tapping in as you're tapping the old one out, once one side is in, remove the old pin and slide the "other half" of the new one in and tighten to taste.

On the other hand, if you remove the parking brake handle and lose the alignment you may have some very sore thumbs by the time you are done.

I don't know how many of these were produced but I think this upgrade should be as common as using synthetic oil and just as easy (maybe easier) to install.

Good stuff!

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
*bump* for more people to get onboard. Please people, we need 5 people to commit to make it worthwhile for DeQ!

Should we not ask deQuincey first to see if he would even be interested/available to make more? I imagine this was a labor intensive work and (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't get the impression this is his business.

If he would be so kind as to agree I would certainly be interested and most thankful as well.