The handbrake lever upgrade "plus"

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Should we not ask deQuincey first to see if he would even be interested/available to make more? I imagine this was a labor intensive work and (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't get the impression this is his business.

If he would be so kind as to agree I would certainly be interested and most thankful as well.

@bmachine: you are very kind and yours are wise words, it is not my business you are right, but my chance to help a bit when possible

in this thread I gave the recipe and ingredients so it is possible to follow the route for anyone, but i know that in the place i live it is probably easier to get this stuff when compared to other locations

@teahead has proceeded well just calling for a minimum ammount of orders so i can start moving it, (i am required minimum orders from my suppliers too)

i told him i can not follow this, so we should see how can we work this out

it seems that at least we will have five, so let me check if there is any change in prices first, i do not expect a rise in the components, but they may ask to pay for delivery this will have little effect if there is a nice group of people interested

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I can only say that I have put de Q's upgrade into 3 e9's, both of mine and a friends; they make the up-pull smoother and due to the construction I believe the associated stock mounts will last much longer. If you are not replacing the cables you can lower the e-brake, remove the rubber cover, apply a small amount of grease, remove the retaining clip from one side of the original pin and slide the de Q Sport model into place in a matter of minutes by tapping in as you're tapping the old one out, once one side is in, remove the old pin and slide the "other half" of the new one in and tighten to taste.

On the other hand, if you remove the parking brake handle and lose the alignment you may have some very sore thumbs by the time you are done.

I don't know how many of these were produced but I think this upgrade should be as common as using synthetic oil and just as easy (maybe easier) to install.

Good stuff!

thank you very much Peter,

but please remember this is only a humble upgrade from the Paul Cain solution, to him all my recognition and respect

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We should do like, "forum sourcing" so we can fund some of these reproductive ventures :) We contribute to a particular fund, say de Q's (Paul Cain's) part or The Taillight Lens Project, credits (like stock) are issued based on how much the individual contributes, when parts are sold investors get paid back/paid a small amount for each sale and the designer gets residuals as well. The funds would have to be raised in full before anyone's money is used. Whoever manages the production run (the designer) has to get the quote for the run and be prepared to ship and track that projects' orders. The part might cost members and the public a little more than what it costs to produce but it would be available, and it is incentive to keep new ideas and products forthcoming.....

OK, I was just thinking :)

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
DeQ,

Is it POSSIBLE to get one of your upgrade kits? It isn't easy to get metric bushings, etc. etc. here in the US with the dumb measuring system we have. Please let me know the cost for getting this upgrade from you.

Thank you,

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
last run

ulrich30csa
phead82
teahead
kizilsakal 2u.
bmachine
occoupe
garyknox

total 8 sets

simplified prices shipping included: 35 euro for everyone

harun= Price differs one shipping two sets
ulrich and Patrick = haben sie etwas zu im april zu tun ;-) ?

last call: if any other forum friend is interested, this is the right moment

INSTRUCTIONS:

1-send me please a PM with your email
2-i will respond to your email with payment instructions
3-you respond with your address
4-i will order on wednesday, hopefully i would be able to ship them in two weeks providing you with a tracking number

regards

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow! I just saw this. This is fantastic! Thank you deQuincey. I am sure this involves a lot of your personal time and it is MUCH appreciated.

Bo

PM sent.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
list of final round

please interested people do check your details:

xevi 1
OCcoupe 1
bmachine 2
Teahead 1
Viphoto 1
Kwyjibo 1
Gary Knox 1
Ulrich30CSA 1
phead82 1
kizilsakal 2
jmackro 1
peter coomaraswamy v

i think i have responded all the emails, please pay and send me your address and phone number by mail,

tomorrow i will close the round

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I purchased a few from de Q because I have at least two people I know of who are in driving restoration mode on their e9's and I know they will want them. I ordered one just a week after taking delivery of the polaris coupe and it only adds to the interior experience. If later anyone needs one stateside send me a note as I may have a couple left over.

Thanks again de Q

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
deQuincey-

I did the Paul Cain version a couple years ago but you have improved on that.

Great job as usual and I'm sure will out last any of us! :p