WTB-Wiper Arm

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I am looking for one silver painted wiper arm in decent shape. No aero foil, with a hook on the end.

I promise to use it sparingly and do the grub screw mod so I don’t lose it like I did the last one!

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi. I think I can get one from a friend. I don't think they are painted silver, but most likely stainless.
Just to confirm that you are looking for the passenger side.
Thanks

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
They were stainless as mentioned.

...Was cheaper and more robust for expensive cars BMW was. :)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
deQ, in the USA, early coupes had chrome wiper arms, but i do believe they were changed to stainless here to avoid glare .. i think it was a US DOT requirement ... government in action.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I' not positive but I think the only ones that were chrome were on the 2000C and CS.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
deQ, in the USA, early coupes had chrome wiper arms, but i do believe they were changed to stainless here to avoid glare .. i think it was a US DOT requirement ... government in action.

i understand, but is the holder (the small end part that locks the arm to the mechanism’s rod), ( aprox 2x2 cm in size), is that part of it stainless ?

it is hard to believe, it seems like a part made in a mold, maybe other kind of metal ? And then chromed ?

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Well, indeed my one arm is stainless. It is a bit faded so I assumed painted.

Yes, passenger side no foil is what I need. Please send me a message with what you have, thank you.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just to clarify. The head was made out of ZAMAC / ZnAl - not stainless.

In the later cars, where the arms were painted black different options were possible (non-stainless or different hook/arm).

Currently, with most of cars being refreshed/re-chromed it might be difficult for find the rule.

I do agree shiny arms are not the safest solution, so satin sounds as another for to go with stainless on the arms.

Probably @HB Chris and @sfdon have some experience over the years :)

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
5A7B9D95-ABEC-4025-8B33-653E883D121B.jpeg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Sebs

Reaction score
Much shorter, chrome, wrong end tip which is straight and not hooked.
Ok thanks, I thought it may fit because of the square foot, but I guess it's for early 02 and/or NK. (later the foot was round (chromed foot and stainless steel arm)
Seb