WTB: Speaker Grill

NightOwl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can't find my newly refinished speaker grill. Does anyone have one that is repairable that they would consider selling?

Thanks,

Jake

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I can't find my newly refinished speaker grill. Does anyone have one that is repairable that they would consider selling?

Thanks,

Jake
I think I have 2.
I didn't put mine back when I did the dash and I have another from a car I got parts from.
I'll look tomorrow.
They will need to be re-finished.
Gary

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here are the two I have. Both pretty good. Cloth in one better than other.

Attachments

• IMG_5818.jpg
    IMG_5818.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5819.jpg
    IMG_5819.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5820.jpg
    IMG_5820.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5821.jpg
    IMG_5821.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5822.jpg
    IMG_5822.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 80

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Note on redoing. Each cut is squared on the end so making these from scratch using a miter does not keep this, end is round. Made re-laminating a PIA.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know that you meant router... :) and typed mitre...And you are correct, they are labor-intensive to do properly...and they're thin...and 99% are warped and delicate...I tried to make some new ones a while back and none would lay flat, even doing the proper odd-even veneer direction rule. (..probably should have used quartered veneer as its more stable...) I haven't tried it again since, but I will!

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yessir, stand corrected.I used the laminate I had sent you and an x-acto knife from the back side, then a small squared off file to make the edges. Sure it came out nice but my eyeglass script went up on the farsightedness.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Right there with you Rob. When I had cataract surgery, I had new closeup lens instead or long distance. (I wouldn't suggest that to anyone...seemed like a great idea at the time.)
But yes, I've done the same as you recommend; xacto the back side, and square-up the ends with a file...and I make custom sanding tools with small pieces of wood and cut adhesive-backed sandpaper to fit in the slits.
Bio, the old way was Playtex pantyhose, and I can't remember the color that was a match...Nude or Natural maybe? Someone here remembers, perhaps?

floridabmx

Reaction score
Theres a guy on ebay selling CNCd replicas. Actually just bought one last night.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hanes Alive Full Support Control Top - Barely There

:cool:

Right there with you Rob. When I had cataract surgery, I had new closeup lens instead or long distance. (I wouldn't suggest that to anyone...seemed like a great idea at the time.)
But yes, I've done the same as you recommend; xacto the back side, and square-up the ends with a file...and I make custom sanding tools with small pieces of wood and cut adhesive-backed sandpaper to fit in the slits.
Bio, the old way was Playtex pantyhose, and I can't remember the color that was a match...Nude or Natural maybe? Someone here remembers, perhaps?

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I knew it was "nekked" something...Thanks, Steve. Playtex is to carry grapefruits back from market... Ladies underwear is still very confusing at my advanced age...Probably best to shop for the Hanes pantyhose with the missus...

Ian, is that from Larry in Memphis? (former e9 owner)

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Ebay one is nice but the ends are rounded. Guess you can square them off when you get it.