Wtb: e9 front strut brace

aw21

Reaction score
If anyone has one for sale or sitting around please let me know.

Cheers,
Andy

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
There are two types available. The one Daddywad sells is a reproduction of an Alpina design. The other style looks like this - https://www.iemotorsport.com/product/stainless-steel-front-strut-brace-e9-coupe/. Several years ago, when I did a group buy on the Daddywad braces, it appeared to me that the other style brace was sold through several retailers, but made by the same manufacturer. It was less expensive, but their quality control was not great. I could not get that brace installed in a way that did not intefere with my hood. Others did not have this problem. The height of the flanges that hold the ends the strut varied, even with the same retail seller.

The Daddywad product does not have this problem, and all of the people involved in my group buy were happy with the product.

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The one Daddywad sells is a reproduction of an Alpina design

For posterity sake…… the daddywad strut brace is not an Alpina design, rather from a German gentleman (RIP), Mr. G. Mangold who designed/ made these in the 80/90’s. See pic with his name on it…..

Keshav

Attachments

• IMG_2209.png
    IMG_2209.png
    2 MB · Views: 60

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I did not know about Mr Mangold, probably because Daddywad advertises his part as "a replica of the original Alpina brace."

Either way, my opinion is that this design is superior to the other design that is being sold by Ireland Engineering and others.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If anyone has one for sale or sitting around please let me know.

Cheers,
Andy

Andy- we have 5 strut braces in stock. 3 different kinds.
I sent you a pic.