World of Upholstery carpet

eb88

Reaction score
Was quite surprised after receiving World of Upholstery's Blue German Loop carpet and trunk set in what seems like a completely different colour to the original in my '72 3.0CS. I welcome any opinions.

1000012210.png

1000012198.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
has zero to do with being dirty and old ... has everything to do with it just being the wrong colors. you could clean your old carpet and not even bleach would make it that medium blue color. there were some discussions a while back trying to get somebody to make the correct colors - just never happened. KHM had 3 different blues - none correct.

my recommendation is to clean your carpets as good as you can and put coco mats on top.

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,
I choosed KHM Zweitonschlinge darkblue as a replacement for blue/grey.
20160224_230314 (Large).jpgKHM_2-Ton-Schlinge_432_dunkelblau versus E9_grau_blau.jpgKHM_2-Ton-Schlinge_432_dunkelblau versus E9_grau_blau_detail.jpg20160224_233942 (Large).jpg20160224_225230 (Large).jpg
Yes, I know it´s not the original colour, but keeping the old carpet installed was no option for me.

They offer the complete set for 519€. Front mats and luggage compartment as on option.

Regards
Thomas

Last edited:

eb88

Reaction score
We had a quick and honest answer that reflects the same points said here from World of Upholstery as below:

1.jpeg

We decided to go ahead and use the bright blue carpet. We sourced some darker blue E9 over mats from Germany and are quite happy this will suffice.

Honolulu

Reaction score
If you've little to lose, run the carpet through a cleaning cycle. I use the clothes washer when my wife isn't looking, but with more effort you could run a carpet cleaner on it (done that too).

Or you could have someone else clean it.

I like the written attitude and excellent advice you got from EJ A above. Sounds like a real stand-up guy.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
... it reminds me parent telling to child ... don't speak/complaint and go wash your hands (or ears).