Wooden Steering Wheel Restoration

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a early Momo wooden wheel that has a few small cracks and might need refinishing to match the interior trim? Have any of you had any success finding someone that can properly repair/ refinish these antique units?

Thanks
Gary

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Just got my steering back from Bruce. I took a leap of faith and cannot believe how nice the wheel came out. It is brand new! I will post pictures in a next few days. I would highly recommend Bruce for his work rebuilding these hard to find wooden steering wheels.

For those interested...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24576060@N07/5597316486/in/photostream/

Last edited:

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Momo Alpina steering wheels

In 1979 I bought two of them from 911 Enterprise when passing through Dallas while returning from a trip to the Mid-West. I installed one on each of my two coupes at the time and made the mistake when I sold one to have overlooked removing it and replacing it with the original wheel.

I kept the Momo wheel on the BLUMAX until about 8 years ago when I bought a Nardi for the Coupe and then installed the Momo in my 2002. It would benefit from a re-do by a pro. It was stripped and re-shot in a clear coat by the body shop about 10 years ago--and is now too pale.

Last edited: