What did you do to your E9 today?

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I spent a few hours this morning driving into the Rockies. I didn't think to stop and get a photo until the end, at a reservoir above Boulder.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
finished the truck
complete all done added the family sticker
set the front power steering lines
from bmw
passenger door done
tomor for the driver side
finally the wiring guy is doing something
maybe ill get my harness back soon

Attachments

• IMG_9650.jpg
    IMG_9650.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_9652.jpg
    IMG_9652.jpg
    773.5 KB · Views: 187

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
still setting the doors and glass
seems the front door was out about 1/8"
so had to file the inside door jamb holes to move it in just right
worked ok

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I spent a few hours this morning driving into the Rockies. I didn't think to stop and get a photo until the end, at a reservoir above Boulder.

I used to visit Gross Resevoir quite a bit. It never looked that full though!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cleaned and polished. Sorted the tools and put them in a small box instead of in the new clamshell. Put the small things in the clamshell, fuses, bulbs, valve adjustment tools and the screwdrivers.

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Received all my new engine bits from Ireland Eng toady, new 144mm conrods, 11.1 Ross racing pistons, ARP bolts etc etc.
Also now nearly collected all the bits I need for the Hydro boost brake booster conversion, Just a new master cyl now and I will have all the bits needed.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Also now nearly collected all the bits I need for the Hydro boost brake booster conversion, Just a new master cyl now and I will have all the bits needed.

Plz be sure to start a thread detailing the hydro conversion. Very curious to find out more about it.

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Will do, Am away for the next 3 weeks in Europe, will sort the master cyl when I get back.
When I commit to the install I will have to have all my ducks in a row as there is a fair bit of work to do and I don't want the car of the road for to long over our up coming summer.

Basically so far I have bought a brand new E24 "Bomb" pressure accumulator, second hand E24 Hydro booster / master cly (junk) and the larger power steer fluid reservoir from a later model BMW (not sure what, as my wrecker guy just supplied me) just needs to have 1 x outlet and 3 x ports for return lines, 1 from the Valve body that the accumulator is screwed to, 1 from the Hydro booster, and 1 from the power steering box.

The first job will be taking the steering column out and modifying to take the Hydro booster, this has 4 x mounting bolts / studs, where as the standard master cyl on the RHD car only has 2 bolts.
After this is done it will be a matter of stripping out all the old boosters, and remote master cyl's etc and mounting the new valve body and pressure accumulator, and reservoir.
Will be having new hydraulic lines made up and then also re piping all the brake circuits from the new master cyl, this will also involve "Teeing" the duel circuits of the old system together to work as a normal more modern system.

Will do the full thread when I get into it.

Cant wait for the old girl to stop properly!!!!

Steve

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just drove from Maimi to Orlando and about to board the Autotrain up to DC. Will spend a day with family and then hook up with the Northeast group for the drive west to Monterey!

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Have made it to Ohio but learned that the W&N muffler hangers are no better than the original ones from the factory. This will be the first (and hopefully the last) roadside repair tomorrow morning.
IMG_1573.JPG
IMG_1574.JPG

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks to a tip received from DQ I was able to make yet another small improvement to the Cs. I removed what remained of the original seat shock absorbers (not sure if this is the correct way to describe them) and replaced them with new once still available at BMW for €40,85 for a set of 4. Just a small little improvement that put a smile to my face. Again thanks for the tip DQ.

Attachments

• IMG_5707.JPG
    IMG_5707.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5708.JPG
    IMG_5708.JPG
    1,003.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5709.JPG
    IMG_5709.JPG
    689.4 KB · Views: 175

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Will do, Am away for the next 3 weeks in Europe, will sort the master cyl when I get back.
When I commit to the install I will have to have all my ducks in a row as there is a fair bit of work to do and I don't want the car of the road for to long over our up coming summer.

Basically so far I have bought a brand new E24 "Bomb" pressure accumulator, second hand E24 Hydro booster / master cly (junk) and the larger power steer fluid reservoir from a later model BMW (not sure what, as my wrecker guy just supplied me) just needs to have 1 x outlet and 3 x ports for return lines, 1 from the Valve body that the accumulator is screwed to, 1 from the Hydro booster, and 1 from the power steering box.

The first job will be taking the steering column out and modifying to take the Hydro booster, this has 4 x mounting bolts / studs, where as the standard master cyl on the RHD car only has 2 bolts.
After this is done it will be a matter of stripping out all the old boosters, and remote master cyl's etc and mounting the new valve body and pressure accumulator, and reservoir.
Will be having new hydraulic lines made up and then also re piping all the brake circuits from the new master cyl, this will also involve "Teeing" the duel circuits of the old system together to work as a normal more modern system.

Will do the full thread when I get into it.

Cant wait for the old girl to stop properly!!!!

Steve

QUOTE]
@kasbatts ,
steve, not to rain in your parade, but i guess if you are going the way to the odd braking assistance provided by the e24, i must tell you that a friend of mine that owns an e24 went exactly the opposite way removing the pump and reservoir and fitting a vaccum booster from an E30 instead, i can ask him for details about this if you are in need of them
regards

Philippe db

Reaction score
Just took her for a spin today and realized how incredibly lucky we are to own such a piece of automotive history. 45 years old but effortless coping with modern traffic.:)