What did you do to your E9 today?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
What did you do...

Re-installed the re-welded hood support/spring assembly. Not too bad a job, feared much worse. Lucky I could still use original springs and just weld torn brackets. Next up, apply touch up paint to repaired area.
Mike

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Put the steering box back in - then tried to put the column back in and struggled to get the upper UJ connected to the rubber donut. I decided the donut is warped so ordered a new one so will have another go soon!

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Replaced everything in the AC system except the evaporator with new components. Genuine Sanden compressor, parallel condenser, new receiver/drier and hoses. Next - confirm it is without leaks, then recharge with R-12. Soon be ready for a 'cool drive' (well, as soon as the front seats return from the upholsterer!).

PS: Now filled with 38 oz of R-12 and cooling GREAT.

Last edited:

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally replaced the lower portion of the door seals on both the driver and passenger sides. Hopefully the blisters will heal and feeling will come back to my thumbs and index fingers by next weekend so I can replace the upper portions. I struggled for quite awhile trying to get the last section tucked in at the A pillar next to the dashboard until I noticed that the original seals I took off had the top inside corner of the U channel cut off at an angle.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Thanks to Steve from reno I was able to replace my drivers side armrest today. The original was wearing really thin but with the replacement she's good for the next 45 years. Again big thanks to Steve for getting me this replacement part.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Removed both half shafts from the differential to the wheel hubs. Going to clean the 4 CV joints and install new grease and replace the boots, even though the current ones 'look good'. When finished, I'll install the current left half shaft on the right side and vice versa.

BUT, before that I have to put new output shaft seals in the lower ratio differential I purchased from Al, then remove the current 3.64 diff and replace it with that one. The current 3.64 has a slight leak on the right output seal, so I'm going to replace both those seals on it also once it is off the car. That diff will be 'good to go' for anyone who wants to improve the acceleration capability of their car at the expense of some top speed.

Glad there is cooling capability in the garage, as the heat index is over 100 here today.

Last edited:

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bought e24 hydro boost system yesterday from the dismantlers for my brake up grade project, also recently changed oil to Redline MTL in the dogleg box (Unbelievably better) and also in the middle of modifying my UCC short shifter back to a standard (ish) shifter ratio, The Dogleg box really does not like to be rushed in its changes, also put the stick in the press and bent it to suit RHD

Philippe db

Reaction score
today passed MOT with flying colors, for next three years ! :)

Well that is something we don't have to worry about in Belgium. Once your car reaches "Oldtimer" age (25 years) it has to pass MOT once to get its oldtimer number plates and from that moment on never again.

That being said congrats with your new MOT DQ.

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Installed my trunk mechanisme plastic covers and added two more stickers.

Attachments

• IMG_5643.JPG
    IMG_5643.JPG
    617.6 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_5644.JPG
    IMG_5644.JPG
    567.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_5641.JPG
    IMG_5641.JPG
    466.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_5642.JPG
    IMG_5642.JPG
    851.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_5645.JPG
    IMG_5645.JPG
    859.5 KB · Views: 164

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I put seven gallons of premium in the tank. Then I drove to a gravel lot to test for an LSD the quick and easy way. The dirt patch was biased to the right so I presume that it is an open diff.

28583274931_7814c517eb_b.jpg

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Drove it finally! I got a new car, so the Coupe has been sitting on the weekends.

Smelled a coolant leak, and found it. One of the coolant return lines from the chokes is seeping. Pissed I have to crack the coolant system again.