What are you listening to?

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just turned on Pandora and this was playing. It seems appropriate for the forum.

1649704707738.png

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A friend that met Melanie in the 80s turned me on to her music, and I have been singing "Look what they've done to my song, ma" for days. Remarkable singer and period correct for our cars.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score

this is some of what I have been listening too.
Well this is refreshing! Never heard of this band, but in the video, I did recognize the CN Tower, in Toronto. So....could this be a Canadian Band? Hell yeah! From Saskatchewan no less. Great original sound and the video must have taken some doing to keep the rhythm throughout the venue changes, whew. Thanks for sharing this!

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It doesent seem possible, but today is the 50th anniversary of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album.

It's probably still on the Billboard 100! I remember my friends and I would rush to the turntable to move the needle before the alarm clocks came on to ruin our buzz. And then the drum intro which was one of the benchmark stereo system testers.

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The very first Pink Floyd song I ever heard was "Atom Heart Mother," and it's still my favorite.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A little Bob Seger, a touch of Ravel, a bit of Oscar Peterson, a whole lot of Jerry Lee Lewis, a smathering of Mozart, an of course a symphony of Ludwig.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Last Saturday night I saw Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at the Moda Center in Portland. I’m born and raised in NJ so there’s some history. I saw him live for the first time when I was 18 in August 1978 and was amazed at his energy and commitment to a single purpose. If you would have told me then that nearly 45 years later he’d still be performing live and I’d still be attending I would not have believed it. I’ve seen him well over 20 times in the intervening years, big shows small acoustic shows, and he’s never disappointed. At 73 he’s not as spry as he was in 1978 but still very entertaining. The video below is from a week earlier at Tampa but it’s the same show.

Last edited:

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Last Saturday night a saw Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at the Moda Center in Portland. I’m born and raised in NJ so there’s some history. I saw him live for the first time when I was 18 in August in 1978 and was amazed at his energy and commitment to a single purpose. If you would have told me then that nearly 45 years later he’d still be performing live and I’d still be attending I would not have believed it. I’ve seen him well over 20 times in the intervening years, big shows small acoustic shows, and he’s never disappointed. At 73 he’s not as spry as he was in 1978 but still very entertaining. The video below is from a week earlier at Tampa but it’s the same show.

HBO has a great interview that Howard Stern conducted with Bruce earlier this year, it is worth watching even if you aren't a Howard fan.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
HBO has a great interview that Howard Stern conducted with Bruce earlier this year, it is worth watching even if you aren't a Howard fan.
Howard has mellowed over the years.
I’d also recommend the movie of his Broadway show on Netflix. “Springsteen on Broadway.”

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you miss the days of random finds and the joy of radio DXing, I highly recommend a global stroll through http://radio.garden/ if you haven't already partaken.

"Radio Garden is a non-profit Dutch radio and digital research project developed from 2013 to 2016, by the Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision, by the Transnational Radio Knowledge Platform and five other European universities. According to the service, the idea is to narrow the boundaries from the radio."

It's a lovely, non-algorithmic way to expand your horizons.