views from hell

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
first take a seat and have a glass of water by your side

then take a look to this advert, particularly to the rear part of the car

don´t you think this is a real view of the hell ?, don´t you think this car must belong to a desperate soul ?:twisted::twisted::twisted:

http://www.segundamano.es/alicante/bmw-30-cs/a24076454/?ca=0_s&st=a&c=4

if god exists somewhere out there, he must do something rigth now !:-D

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I looked through the first few pictures and thought "That's not so bad, the under-dash AC unit is a little off and they did a poor job shaving the various emblems and exterior bits off, but whatever.". Then I got to the last picture.

jmackro

Reaction score
Well, at least they also removed the "3.0 cs" emblem, so this abomination is now anonymous.

00412358807.jpg

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
the tail lights are horrible for sure, but has anyone priced new ones lately? Those and side grills and turn signals for the front will set the buyer back a bit.

JohnHein

Reaction score
Currently living in Houston North suburbs
I have my 2800 cs at the paint shop right now and am seriously thinking about a delete on the 2800 cs badge. Mine is a mutt with a late model 3.3 engine, later version 20 spoke wheels and likely a few other non-OE's by the time it is over.

No badge options on Bimmers and Cedes is pretty common these days, particularly at the top end. I guess it deters the hijackers and the bitter wannabees.

E9's are such mystery cars anyway. Why not add to it by having a nice clean trunk line? I'll keep the badge for the next guy.

rb1971

Reaction score
I have my 2800 cs at the paint shop right now and am seriously thinking about a delete on the 2800 cs badge. Mine is a mutt with a late model 3.3 engine, later version 20 spoke wheels and likely a few other non-OE's by the time it is over.

No badge options on Bimmers and Cedes is pretty common these days, particularly at the top end. I guess it deters the hijackers and the bitter wannabees.

E9's are such mystery cars anyway. Why not add to it by having a nice clean trunk line? I'll keep the badge for the next guy.

I am thinking the same thing actually. I've got an E9 project coming to an where I've replaced the motor as well, and am currently tossing up whether to put the badge back on.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Keeping it badged

BLUMAX has been tastefully modified mechanically for a number of years thus enhancing performance, handling and stopping--but the original interior and exterior appearance maintains a very close original look including its 2800 CS trunk badge. It has had the DOT reflectors removed and it wears 16" staggered Alpinas and very few have complained that it doesn't look original--quite the opposite is the case.

pamp

Reaction score
Stinkin' Badges!

Goes back to my original question, "Is it OK to display badges for modified coupes" I.E.
"3.5 CSi" or "3.3 CSi" ? Best to wear the original spec badge? This is what I decided...
keep the original deck lid designation as matched to the VIN. Of course, once the bonnet is opened, have at it for logos to I.D. the powerplant.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If we're conducting a poll here I vote for the original badges because I think their design and style are cool and part of the design detail of the car and era, regardless of what's under the hood etc.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Removing is fine, changing to a different badge is iffy. The badge kind of carries the designation it got at birth.

Mine had the "Automatic" badge removed by the PO. Automatic was never something sexy, especially in the US where automatics are the norm. Maybe I should now write 5-speed in the trunk with a sharpie...

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
If we're conducting a poll here I vote for the original badges because I think their design and style are cool and part of the design detail of the car and era, regardless of what's under the hood etc.

+1

i own a 3.0 CS, very neat and proportioned badges, but i think the coolest ones are those of the 2800, so big and glamourous !