Any ideas to source these parts?
Thanks!

2 of each:
Not sure if it makes more sense to recover my unit or buy a new one

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Look for previous comments on 'door stop' or 'door brake' on this Forum. Many have successfully used the Mercedes brake from the 20th century cars. Robust and it works great. Slight amount of modification needed for the pin.

If I recall correctly, there is a post about building a replacement center console (maybe DeQuincy?). A cabinet maker and an upholsterer could probably do that if you can't find one.

Last edited:

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Quick incomplete answer better than nothing? I used Mercedes "Meyle" units. They work pretty good with the exception of the "hold" strength when parking on a hill.
You occasionally see the Original spring style for sale here NOS.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry, I think I got the wrong information at first.
But need these 2 pins:
1676064337516.png

And also need 2 of these doors stop mount shown below: Is this the same as the used Mercedes "Meyle" units.
1676064359322.png

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of my install. The Standard pin/rivet you show in hand was too big so I sourced a bolt and nut combo that fit close. Then I sleeved the bolt with a piece of nylon tubing to quiet down the metal on metal.

The only thing i didn't do that mercedes expects is affix a third mount point, notice empty threads on left side of unit.
IMG_20190406_131655571.jpg

IMG_20190406_131646816.jpg

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
It seems that my original post about the door brakes and the pins were answered, but my most recent post about the (Door Brake Chassis Mount) with pictures was not answered. I would also like to know if the mount is even replaceable or if it's going to be a custom replacement piece. (Metal Fabrication)
Thanks, I really appreciate the input.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This solution was created for the 2002 but should work here as well: