USPS issues

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's now the 1 month anniversary of the

Processed Through Facility
FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, GERMANY

and into the USPS black hole tracking message.

Anyone else been in limbo longer?

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I had an inbound package "lost" for 6 weeks. The good news is that it finally showed up. The packaging was shredded but the item was still in good shape.

This from Wiki...

In December 2020, a combination of the cost-cutting measures instituted by Postmaster General Louis Dejoy and increased holiday season shipping volume resulted in widespread package shipping delays and "buckling" of the Postal system.[94] USPS facilities became overwhelmed with packages: A supervisor at an Indianapolis distribution center reported that for the sake of expediency, workers were "just throwing [packages] in the trucks without scanning them" into the system;[95] in Allentown, Pennsylvania, mail pieces sat in the parking lot because there was no room to unload them, and a clerk in Philadelphia told the Philadelphia Inquirer, "Don’t be using the post office right now, because we can’t deliver the mail"

I know the Post Office's hands are somewhat tied due to constraints placed on them (like retirement fund requirements) by congress, and Covid added package volume, but geesh. The PO could have owned the home delivery of internet ordered goods. They go to every home every day anyhow. UPS and FedEX were putting in the equipment, processes, and systems to do just that, the PO was counting on grandma's letters and glossy advertisements to continue to sustain them since the internet and cell phones had already replaced the need for most other letters and bills along with bill payment. It's sad to see this happen,

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hmmm, I have had very good luck both sending and receiving into and out of the UK, EU and Australia.
Hope i didn't jinx myself

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bought an NK window regulator on Nov 17th and seller used DHL. I can’t find the tracking number in their system and it’s almost 3 months.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just got a package from Germany that was sent the usual DHL/USPS route and it only took 3 months with no updates or tracking available until it showed up. Conversely, I used a friends international UPS account with @keshavs logistical help on the German side for a set of Alpina wheels and it took 5 days from Germany to Calif, and was very reasonable. Moral of the story I suppose is get an international UPS account, if you plan on doing a lot of shipping and want to actually track your shipment...

bmwpaul

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting 8 weeks for 5 parcels to come from W&N. 1 has been delivered, 2 are still on route, 2 have been returned to W&N have been checked and sent out again. Luckily I’m not desperate for anything yet.
And yes UPS and I can track all of them still in Germany.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
So then, it's not just me :oops:.This really gets to me, you spend all that time deciding what part you really need, do all the exchange rate calculations, the shipping estimations the delivery times, and it is all out the window once item gets shipped. I also may not be alone in obsessively tracking the movement of a package I am expecting, but when there is NO info for weeks, that is frustrating. I want to order some items from the UK, but under current conditions I am holding off. Ordered something off eBay 2 weeks ago. From Rhode Island, kinda far from here. Vendor was very experienced and mentioned in his listing that shipping may take 3 weeks or 2 months! and if I did not accept this he recommended I not buy from him! So, I had to try this. Received item today, 1 month early, go figure ;).

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am still waiting for a small package from the UK, mailed on Dec. 20th. I had a some coupe parts from our friend in Colombia that took quite a while, Alvaro even reached out to the USPS.

For me the problems seem to all be USPS, no other issues with DHL, UPS or FedEx.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve got two from Germany lost at sea according to the DHL/USPS tracking number. I’m not stressing, they will show up. It’s only been a month. I found that an inquiry from the shipper can serve to get things going. I had one arrive two weeks ago that was out since November. All claims must start with the individual who shipped the goods.

They typically arrive in Jamaica NY, so hopefully the nonsense in PA isn’t an issue.

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I shipped an exhaust part to a member in Mexico, from the Netherlands here through TNT. Funny enough a delivery guy presented it a week later on my doorstep, looking very proud. Almost waiting for me to unpack and cheer about the contents Until I mentioned that I was the shipper, not the addressee. It ought to be en route to Mexico.
He shrugged, apologised, and pressed some buttons on a tablet and apologised again. "It is correct in the system, dunno what happened" he said. He took it back with him.

Today the doorbell rang again.
Different guy.
Same package.

Attachments

• 20210210_224550.jpg
    20210210_224550.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 110

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I shipped an exhaust part to a member in Mexico, from the Netherlands here through TNT. Funny enough a delivery guy presented it a week later on my doorstep, looking very proud. Almost waiting for me to unpack and cheer about the contents Until I mentioned that I was the shipper, not the addressee. It ought to be en route to Mexico.
He shrugged, apologised, and pressed some buttons on a tablet and apologised again. "It is correct in the system, dunno what happened" he said. He took it back with him.

Different guy.
Same package.
Did you address it in Spanish?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score

Different guy.
Same package.
Were you shipping a "Boomerang" exhaust part, by any chance? ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
What are the first two letters of your DHL tracking number? Mine seemed a bit strange.

Mine are CY286... and CY287...

You can plug them in on DHL.de but will likely get an update that they were transferred to USPS. Have the shipper file an inquiry.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mine are CY286... and CY287...

You can plug them in on DHL.de but will likely get an update that they were transferred to USPS. Have the shipper file an inquiry.

My two packages haven’t budged. I’ll now ask the seller to inquire. I have no doubt that they will arrive but my hypothesis is that the inquiry bumps it out of the holding pen and back into circulation.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mine arrived today, exactly 2 months to the day. Of course I am out of town for a week so unable to get it :rolleyes:

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
A package from Bel-Metric a couple months ago took a month to get to Georgia. Same with a check from Massachusetts.
The order a week ago from Bel-Metric is supposed to arrive today.

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
USPS is on my $#*!-list too. I sent an "emergency" supply of essentials to my daughter at the US Naval Academy early in January via "2 Day Express Shipping." The package promptly fell into a black hole and eventually arrived near the end of the month (I guess that was someone's idea of "Express"). In the meantime I had to use a pricey FedEx shipment to get the job done.

My hero:
1615218261750.png