Trunk, Wheel Well, Fender Liners

aguirola

Reaction score
It has been brought to my attention that E3 Trunk, Wheel Well, Fender Liners
are the disintegrating type.

We make rear and front E9 fibreglass bumpers, along side airdams. They all are a 100% perfect fit,
no filing , no adjusting, absolutely spot on, as long as the body is also.

You can see our work: https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/csl-bumpers.36582/page-5#post-339125

I am interested in producing the trunk parts for E3, provided enough people are interested, in order
to warrant mould making and producing enough pieces to achieve a reasonable price.

Please express your interest here, or at : alberto.guirola at gmail.com

Thank you!
Regards, Alberto

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you mean the elephant skins in the trunk over the wheel wells, then yes, I would be interested.

aguirola

Reaction score
Thank you Bob,

Yes, those are the parts, maybe someone would post a photo or 2?
I will keep the forum updated as we come along with the project feasibility.

Regards, Alberto

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Consider doing E9 also (if not already) since they represent a larger group here and these covers suffer the same fate regardless of the type of car.

aguirola

Reaction score
I would definitely reproduce the E9 also, with the same caveats a per the E3.
Thank you for the tip!

Regards, Alberto

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't believe the market in the US for the E3 parts would be big enough to support the R and D and tooling that would be required. I'm a big E3 fan and own one, but I am in the minority not only here, but among all US vintage car enthusiasts. I think the prices would have to be unrealistically low to have a market. E3s are more popular as a collector car in Europe. You might want to check with your contacts there about the potential size of the market.

On the other hand, there were far fewer E9s made, but my guess is the market for the elephant skins would be far greater for E9s. The E9 is a sought after collector car world wide. The car value supports products like this...as long as they are PERFECT reproductions.

In any case, the best of luck with your project.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not sure E3 market is really in EU. I do not think so. Still most of E3 are donor for parts. Noone is buying E3 parts as I can see them still available over a year or so for sale.

As far as I know @KastelikClassicCar is already making elephant skin for E9 for some time. As far as I know few people from the forum are using them with success.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure. We would need to ask the Users from this forum. My understanding is it is good quality part.

For example @Keshav might know.

aguirola

Reaction score
If you say that:

"As far as I know few people from the forum are using them with success",

then it would imply not so great quality...

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Moderator, please delete….Sorry, i was just repeating what is already said…

E3-3.0Si

Reaction score
Just a quick one on this. I think the E3 market in Europe is pretty much in Germany. It’s non-existent in the UK. I get the sense that there’s a small but reasonable following in the US too. As much as I’d LOVE some new trim for my car, I’m not sure that manufacturing costs could be offset.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you say that:

"As far as I know few people from the forum are using them with success",

then it would imply not so great quality...

I don't mean that. I'm just before my restoration and it is good to be based on Others, more experienced Members on this great forum.

Here is the thread about it:

I would like to be clear here.

I'm not telling it makes no sense to someone to produce it's version, quality of any E9/E3 parts. Opposite.
Just giving some information if there was a question if it was/is available.
I have no business in recommending any Company here. @KastelikClassicCar is one of few well known E9 reproducers as @alprada70 etc.

I know @KastelikClassicCar has been doing elephant skin for many parts but I was not able to see them in person. I'm sure - thanks for Forum Members - for example door cards they're making are premium quality.

That's the one of the reasons this forum is so useful for E9 restorers.

I hope You and maybe also Others will be able to produce nicer and cheaper with premium quality parts and maybe share with us their products/hobby.

AustinOski

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I might be interested in the E3 version. Mine are good, but one is starting to crack. And, heck, more E3’s in the future, perhaps.

aguirola

Reaction score
Sounds great...All I need is 2 originals in good condition, as the results are best when the part is perfect,
if there are such parts. Of course, as always, the lender of the parts gets one set free.
Let's see how this develops.
I have the PERFECT E9's, so there we are set. All we need is commitments.

Regards, Alberto

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi @TedS,
I have all interior parts except Wheel Well, I bought an E3 for parts, so maybe in a while I'll reproduce that part in fiberglass.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Alberto, I have 2 of the E3 inner fender covers that I can try to send to you or I can send them to Don and perhaps you can take them back on your next visit. These are in fair condition only, but you are welcome to use them and attempt to make a reproduction part. If it doesn't work, that is ok.

Regards,
Drew