Trunk Roundel Gasket

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey just saw this. I might have an extra one for someone (I placed an order with BTS and likely have more than I need coming). Wish I had the foresight to buy 20.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ll take one if anyone picks up extra. You should be able to stick it in a normal envelope with a forever stamp.

dbower

Reaction score
Hey just saw this. I might have an extra one for someone (I placed an order with BTS and likely have more than I need coming). Wish I had the foresight to buy 20.

Let us know how it fits. Looks to me like it is round but I think it needs to be slightly oval. If it fits, I'm in for one.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
When Markos and I looking to making these, we learned that the original part was round, and was designed to be stretched into an oval shape. It appears they were injection molded parts. As the original parts aged, they lost their elasticity, returned to their original round shape, and no longer stretch sufficiently. We were looking to make a computer printed substitute with a more oval shape.

These not only need to stretch into an oval shape to mold over the mounting plate, they then need to bend to the contour of the trunk and retain a consistent lip around the outside of the plate. (And whatever material is employed needs to remain color fast and not deteriorate when subjected to UV). Finding an appropriate material for the part was the reason Markos and I never finished this. And to make matters even more complicated, I believe there was some sort of environmental concern either with the original material or the manufacturing process, so this new part probably will differ from the original.

In any event, I ordered three of these as a test to see if they are correct. I'd be willing to order another 20 if these are good.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I emailed and told them I would get 10 but have not heard back yet, if you are ordering I won't order any

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I ordered 5 and they arrived yesterday. I will check fitment today. Interesting though, they appear to be new old stock.

Attachments

• B56A09DE-D66D-4B18-94A4-4157097A0D00.jpeg
    B56A09DE-D66D-4B18-94A4-4157097A0D00.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 106
  • D4F30CBD-0FDC-45A8-9356-DB2AE8171585.jpeg
    D4F30CBD-0FDC-45A8-9356-DB2AE8171585.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 93

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was about to order 4 of these but the shipping was 42 euro!, so probably need to get commitments for a larger group purchase

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was about to order 4 of these but the shipping was 42 euro!, so probably need to get commitments for a larger group purchase
I don't want to speak for the guy, but he reduced the shipping to 10 euro for me when he could fit them in an envelope and send them regular post (a little slower).

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Stan gave me one a few years ago & has very close tolerances. It took a few minutes to get it to sit correctly.

IMG_5306.jpeg
IMG_5307.jpeg
IMG_5308.jpeg
IMG_5309.jpeg

Attachments

• New Rear Roundel.jpeg
    New Rear Roundel.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 75