Trunk elephant skin part WTB

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone have this internal rear beaver panel elephant skin hard covering for sale or know where I can get one? and who wont charge an arm and a leg for shipping to Sydney Australia. Not sure if it comes as two sections with a join in the middle, or as one long individual piece.

(I dont want to buy an entire elephant skin trunk kit as I have all the other pieces and just missing this one section in photo)

Many thanks.

boot e9.jpeg

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I had to cancel an order (rear parcel shelf) Miami- Australia. USPS doesn't ship it, UPS cost is like $350

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just wrote to Chris at CS. My e3 is missing the "Trunk Faring Piece" and it's impossible to find here in the states in any condition. Anyone know of a source?
The piece is 170 euros. I fear the shipping on this long rectangular piece will be much more than the part. I will keep you posted.

Steve

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
or you can make your own. a while back i posted a pdf of the panel - full size (2 of them on a 36" x 72" sheet). the only caveat i ever gave when posting is that my work cannot be used for commercial products ... or profit from my work. this panel should be plotted in inches and the scale is 1:1.

i also have similar drawings for the front engine panel insulation pieces as well as the rear (side) armrest pieces

Attachments

• bmw - e9 trunk panel - final plot.pdf
    9 KB · Views: 105

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Mal CSL 3.0 - if you go this route, you place liner blocks on the inside of the vertical piece - the thickness of the top, below the top of the vertical edge. this creates a ledge to set the top piece on and to hold the shape. once you have it all glued together - turn it upside down on top of your roof as the shape is very similar

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I just wrote to Chris at CS. My e3 is missing the "Trunk Faring Piece" and it's impossible to find here in the states in any condition. Anyone know of a source?
The piece is 170 euros. I fear the shipping on this long rectangular piece will be much more than the part. I will keep you posted.

Steve
what part do you need?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Steve
170€ is cheap, trust me.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agree, Chris 170 euros is cheap. But CS Chris just wrote back, he can't ship the part to the US. I am contacting Alprada for the piece.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does anyone have this internal rear beaver panel elephant skin hard covering for sale or know where I can get one? and who wont charge an arm and a leg for shipping to Sydney Australia. Not sure if it comes as two sections with a join in the middle, or as one long individual piece.

(I dont want to buy an entire elephant skin trunk kit as I have all the other pieces and just missing this one section in photo)

Many thanks.

View attachment 165148
we have both euro and usa versions in stock I believe.

we have a package for John Ward and Frankie? going out soon.
all 3 of you In Sydney?
IMG_1788.jpeg

Last edited: