Time to send good vibes for all in Sonoma County / Norcal!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i was trying to remember who lived in northern sonoma. i went looking for the members map to see ... but i couldn't find it. glad Jon is safe + hopefully his coupes are too.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
i was trying to remember who lived in northern sonoma. i went looking for the members map to see ... but i couldn't find it. glad Jon is safe + hopefully his coupes are too.

Yikes! I had no idea. I was just thinking of Jon yesterday.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For all in CA dealing with the fires. Please BE SAFE first, then think of others safety as well. Fire and the extreme gusty winds that have been occurring are nothing to take lightly.
Bo - glad you have relocated temporarily to a safer and cleaner air space.

Be Safe Out There.

Gary

Last edited:

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, we finally had to evacuate as well. I don’t think we are in any imminent fire danger but the smoke is blowing right on us and was just too intense. It was becoming hard to breathe. Even inside the house.
Oh my, seems like you just moved in there Bo. I hope this is not too long an evacuation, and the wind dies down soon, a lot! Best of luck. Mike

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the good wishes. This morning was the last big worry as another windstorm came down the area, fanning the flames. Fortunately the fire guys were well prepared and managed to keep the flames away from the nearby towns. So Healdsburg was never reached. I talked to Jon this morning and he is flying back to the area but will be staying with family since they are still evacuated.
We stayed at friends in San Francisco for a while but came back when the wind started to blow the smoke the other way. We can see the fire from our house but it is still 30 miles away.
The main issue now is the power. We’ve been without electricity since Saturday and it is getting really old living out of a camping stove and candles. No hot water for dishes or showers or heat. And most of the food in the fridge and freezer had to be either cooked in a hurry or thrown away.
Amazingly the local cell tower happened to have a generator back up. So we can still communicate via cell phone. Although we have to run the car’s engines about an hour each day just so we can recharge the cell phones. But all things considered we should not complain.

Last edited: