throttle resistance

echappe

Reaction score
I finally have my car back after 3.5 M30B35 swap with new 38/38'S. The carbs weren't even close to what is advertised as off the shelf jetting. All is well now with correct jetting and proper adjustments made with wide band air fuel analyzer. Car hauls A__ , now the only issue is there is a point of force required to get the acclerator pedal off of idle position, after which too much pressure is exerted causing whiplash effect. Has anyone dealt with this issue by installing a spring somewhere in the linkage to counteract this inertia?
Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Ernest

61porsche

Reaction score
Angle of the dangle

Hi Earnest,

Sounds like you got it running well. maybe you can share what jets you ended up with?

Hard throttle on duals- usually means you need to make some adjustments. A picture or two would be helpful..... but here goes what many others have complained about:

1. The carb linkage to bracket, each should be as vertical as possible. Weber and others sell rod extensions. Sometimes you have to slide the bracKets a little as well.

2. Overcenter, try to get the brakets off the main rod so they neither go too far down from horizontal or past vertical at full throttle. Either position causes the geometry to be overcenter causing binding or sticking until it reaches it's normal swing pattern.

3. Brackets- some have multiple holes; you want to connect as far out as possible to increase the arc and increase the travel distance.

On you're question about brackets and springs, first clean and grease the bracket near the left hand motor mount. If that bracket doesn't have a spring; it's missing.

Weber does have some accesories that add a return spring, but I don't recall if it's just for side draughts.

Good luck.. and I hope the lighthouse is breaking overhead. (former poles guy myself.)

Last edited: