there is NO hope ?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes it was. There was.......tension.

ooohhhh

unfortunately the remembrance of the spanish inquisition, that i mentioned was true and would have been resounding in some heads

tension generates movement, it is like the potential difference in a battery, or the transformation of potential energy into kinetic energy, if there is no differential, or instability, there is no possibility of anything worthwhile.

tension is the essence of life, it saddens me that someone eliminates tension by sweeping it under the rug

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good. A bit of house cleaning was warranted IMO.

oh house cleaning...yep, but what house cleaning ?, the one that my wife will do (throwing to the bin all the car bits that are "in process" here and there in the house),...or the one that i might do of her clothes, hats and shoes ?

there had been fine examples of "house cleaning" in world`s history, point has been of who cleans and who is cleaned,...i heard that it was (still is) controversial...IMHO

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
A good park ranger will extinguish little spot fires before they get out of control.
This is how I typically operate and there are a few topics that, if you play the percentages, usually go south. Sometimes all the way down under. ;) The rule was to not let an incendiary topic start, but some get through. I also believe that most of the members on this forum self-police the place, but that only works to a point.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sadly we also lost Dan's correctly questioning my NPV calculation. I had assumed a 9% discount rate for nine years, while Dan indicated one would expect the discount rate to return to the norm during such a long period of time. Dan is correct.

The picture remains incomplete as we must use conditional probabilities when events are not independent, like the discount rate and the tax receipts.

If the discount rate rate dropped from say 9% back to the norm, it is very likely because there was an intervening recession, not by itself. Therefore the right side of the inequality (the sum of the taxes collected) would also drop significantly, not just the NPV.

Time will tell.
Or time would have told if the thread was left alone.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Time will tell.
Or time would have told if the thread was left alone.

F40398E6-C079-4C2D-95E8-101077049058.gif

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There are forums that specifically encourage
ooohhhh

unfortunately the remembrance of the spanish inquisition, that i mentioned was true and would have been resounding in some heads

tension generates movement, it is like the potential difference in a battery, or the transformation of potential energy into kinetic energy, if there is no differential, or instability, there is no possibility of anything worthwhile.

tension is the essence of life, it saddens me that someone eliminates tension by sweeping it under the rug

¿Prueba la categoría Desvarios en Craigslist?

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
During all of that mashup I proposed, twice, that Off Topic be limited to anything automotive excluding BMW. I have always seen this forum as apolitical, unlike the wild west days of the CSRegister/ry when Art and I would stirr up the troops with our far out Liberal/Pinko postions. Now I much prefer the apolitical. A different culture now for sure.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
During all of that mashup I proposed, twice, that Off Topic be limited to anything automotive excluding BMW. I have always seen this forum as apolitical, unlike the wild west days of the CSRegister/ry when Art and I would stirr up the troops with our far out Liberal/Pinko postions. Now I much prefer the apolitical. A different culture now for sure.
Oh I missed that phase entirely, when was that?
I did hear Art's name many times...