Tesla Everwhere

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Was a beautiful day yesteday so I decided to go for a ride. I stoped at a signal and was was taking the joy of a manual transmistion and a internal combustion engine. The sweet smell of my leather interior mixed with the faint smell of gas. Since I was stoped at the signal my mind drifted to the sad day when this would no longer be. As I looked around two Tesla were ahead of me, two next to me and 3 behind me. Was a bit of a sureal situation. Were the Cyber Tessla out to get me?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 38

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Corolla of Silicon Valley! When gas is six bucks, and you have some solar panels, they actually start to make economic sense. My sister is in Portola Valley, and she finally caved--Ford Mach E

Mike Goble

Reaction score
My son got a Tesla for his commuter car. There are chargers at his work, and he hasn't been to a gas station in months.
My 10-year-old grandson is infatuated with the features.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Electricity is cheap here ($.10/KWH and mostly renewable...hydro, wind, solar). The "tank" in my Tesla holds 50KWH and I can go 260 miles on it according to the EPA. I can fill the "tank" for $5 in my garage at night. 2 cents per mile for "fuel". A typical ICE car is about 10 times that cost/mile when gas is $4/gallon. There are very few days in the year that we drive over 260 miles in a day. When we do, we've found the Tesla Supercharger network to be very good. The car routes you to one when it's time to fill up. At the last one we used, the Supercharger was adding miles initially at 850/hour. It doesn't take long and I don't like to drive more than 3-4 hours at a stretch anyway.

BTW, I have the lowest performance Model 3 (single motor, smallest battery). It goes 0-60 in the same time as a 67 427 Corvette (5.3 seconds). The performance is addictive.

I will never own an ICE car again as a daily driver. Works for me...but doesn't work for everyone in every application....yet.

BarneyT

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Wobdog… You must of had your apple phone in the car with you in the car, it alerted the Teslas to surround you… we have a Tesla and we love it, it’s the perfect commuter car/daily Driver car. we have solar so it seems free… We have had ours over two years and haven’t spent a dime on maintenance.

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would have been worried if I was surounded by cyber trucks!
PS tesla are GREAT cars, it is just funny to be totaly surounded by any brand of car.

dbower

Reaction score
Tesla Model S85 here. Bought new in 2013, now at 50K miles. My wife's daily. Sold our E34 M5 when I test-drove that EV torque. Unfortunately, Elon has made me embarrassed to drive it.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tesla Model S85 here. Bought new in 2013, now at 50K miles. My wife's daily. Sold our E34 M5 when I test-drove that EV torque. Unfortunately, Elon has made me embarrassed to drive it.
Don, we had our first one from 2013 to 2022, and a second one from 2021 until we recently traded it for the plug in X5. The Model 3 now leases for 425 per month, and I am sorely tempted, but I also have trouble with Elon. @Dick Steinkamp, your cost per mile breakdown is spot on. And our model S with 130k was solid as a rock and drove very well, despite the poor panel gaps. If not for the storm, it would have gone 200k.

jmackro

Reaction score

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ever research the life of Hebert Quandt, early founder and owner of BMW? Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Quandt#:~:text=During the war Herbert Quandt,staying alive approximately 6 months. If you only buy products from companies headed by people you admire, you may find yourself with few possessions.
Exactly.
Plus Musk does not own Tesla, it is a public company. Musk owns a minority stake (under 13%). My wife owns a few shares in her 401k, which I bought for her on a whim. Up more than 1000%, so he can say all he wants and cage fight Zuckerberg all day long, he did a fine job by me. BTW, Zuckerberg went to surgery due do a training injury, so another win for Musk without even showing up. And the weird Twitter CEO before Musk? Corporate America is run by nutcases?

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Exactly.
Plus Musk does not own Tesla, it is a public company. Musk owns a minority stake (under 13%). My wife owns a few shares in her 401k, which I bought for her on a whim. Up more than 1000%, so he can say all he wants and cage fight Zuckerberg all day long, he did a fine job by me. BTW, Zuckerberg went to surgery due do a training injury, so another win for Musk without even showing up. And the weird Twitter CEO before Musk? Corporate America is run by nutcases?
Help me to understand your support of Musk a little better - you are happy got him to say 'what he wants' (anti-semitic comment, support of far right hate speech) as long as your Tesla investment performs well ?

Mike Goble

Reaction score
Help me to understand your support of Musk a little better - you are happy got him to say 'what he wants' (anti-semitic comment, support of far right hate speech) as long as your Tesla investment performs well ?
Henry Ford was no angel, yet there are Ford owners here.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Christopher, I do not even know what Musk says or writes so I can hardly support him.
All I say is that he built a remarkable product and company. I love Apple products, have tens of them, and today I just read this:

I just agree with Jay that maybe the product and the person are two separate things and we are not really endorsing the person when we consume a product we like where one minority shareholder is not as pure as we would like.
I see the other side as well, I just cannot be a walking boycott machine...

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wouldn't know the Government pulls way more strings in terms of speech and censorship than they should if Twitter wasn't bought. I Like that. I will miss the day when a 19 year old could fix up a $600 beater and drive it across the country looking for adventure and more importantly independence. Not gonna happen in the EV age.
Not gonna work well for the Province of Saskatchewan either come January. I do like EVs though, but they are not for me. I street park and drive in serious winter way too much.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As fugly as I think the cyber truck is, the Pontiac Aztek is even fuglier (I know, not a real word). It is just sad what the General Motors executives did to some of their storied brands in the 1980's and beyond. The fun, and any sense of style was mostly wrung out of the brands.