Tail light lenses

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If anyone has a sets of tail light lenses removed from the frame and would let me borrow them, it will help me get closer to remanufacturing.
I can use an optical comparator to create a CAD file to request a quote from some manufacturers. From the time you ship the parts, I would have them back to you in about a month.

Stan

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stan,

I have a couple of pitted rear lenses that, I can donate to the cause. The left amber lens has some damage.

PM your contact info if interested.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Update:

I am sending a set of lenses to a manufacturer and hope to have them back in a reasonable time. If I have them by July, I will bring them with me to The Vintage in Saratoga NY for other E9 owners to inspect and compare to the set on their car.

If there is someone out there with great chrome looking for lenses PM me.
Looking for someone to test fit, optimally in a frame that has been re-chromed to see if fitment is an issue.

These may be quite affordable! Waiting for the final but looking like less than $150 per side

Stan

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Stan, I received my 14.95 hot knife from Harbor Freight, of course after seeing the version posted on the web I immediately wanted to get that one but I tried removing another lens with the cheap tool and it did work quite well. My thought regarding the new lenses would be that if the plastic side pieces were maybe 1/4 inch tall then we could use a hot knife to bend them into the original position and avoid gluing. ??