silverstone auctions csl

Barry.b

Reaction score
It is listed as selling for 90 thousand UK pounds .
Last year the same car was for sale at an independent bmw dealership for 128 thousand UK pounds.
I think it was on their lot as being for sale on behalf of one of their clients last year.

I don’t know if it ever sold that time.
It’s a nice car

If it was my car, I would genuinely worry that some day the Police would come and take it away as the car seems to have had its Vin number falsified.
Then again I would Never want to buy a car which I knew had a false identity .
No matter how nice the sales people might be .
I always do an online history check on any of my cars that I have bought in the last 20 years or so and if any red flags show up like mileage discrepancy or unlisted accident damage or anything unusual then I just walk away.
Then again if one was to do an online history check on this reg , it probably would come back clean .
BUT. If someone knew the registration of the CSA ( which it actually is and not a CSL ) then I wonder what would the history check say for that car .

Attachments

• 0659D18D-928B-4FAF-A45A-37D6FE9381B5.png
    0659D18D-928B-4FAF-A45A-37D6FE9381B5.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
At the risk of hi-jacking the thread?

This is a 2800 'Batmobile' by the looks. To be fair has an extensive racing history.

stcos85

Reaction score
In the UK you cannot transfer a vin to another car legally. If a different shell was used then it has to retain the original vin. As others have said changing bonnet and boot and bolting in scheel seats doesnt make it a CSL.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was Told today the cars Hammer price was 90k plus auction house commission on top

That takes the total value of the car to over 100k GBP …. Wow

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was Told today the cars Hammer price was 90k plus auction house commission on top

That takes the total value of the car to over 100k GBP …. Wow
Hi Sandu,

Have 3.0 CSLs recently seen a surge lately in the UK as it's interesting that a replica achieves such a strong sale price.

Last edited:

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Classic cars general in the uk market have dropped , just like the property market

A CSL value is worth what the buyer wants to pay for it and if the seller accepts the offer !!

A replica CSL car selling for over 100k, will Only increase real CSL prices in the future when the market picks up