silverstone auctions csl

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Sandu,

Well I think a CSL is only a CSL if it’s got a CSL lightweight body and panels, and with an actual CSL VIN number body stamp ie front near firewall.

I would personally describe this car as a CSL Replica or CSL Tribute. This is what the auction ad should describe it as imho.

Is this just part of the “tribute”?

4405CD9F-12AE-4203-B5C7-D6FE1A8809A5.jpeg

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Suspect they are trying to say they auction iconic cars? 'Ironic' might have been a better way to go.
At least it shouldn't be an issue for re-naming their ebay store as zero feedback.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Re shelling a car and transplanting VIN is very illegal, regardless of the value of the vehicle. The only way for this to have been done in the correct manner would have been to have the VIN transplanted onto a new, unregistered shell. This is done so that one can't just get a stolen vehicle and swap parts and identity off another, usually rotten or unrecorded accident damaged vehicle to "ring" it.

Whilst I can appreciate it has been restored well and the seller has been forthcoming enough to state its been body swapped, I have no idea how an auction house can legitimately push a car through an auction that has had the VIN welded into another car. Vehicle could be crushed or at best case scenario, be registered under a Q plate. Big difference between putting all the CSL bits onto a CS and having it as a tribute, and welding the ID of a CSL into it.

roundel

Reaction score
Harry is the owners son ( his dad owns the business ie silverstone auctions and his dad is called slim shady in the car business world by car traders and car collectors, (without prejudice) ) and harry works for his dad as one of the salesman and that reply back to Wes email is a salesman’s response ie only sense it makes is ...no sense!!!
I think there will be a few more of these surfacing in the near future....as for Silverstone Auctions they were selling a Gp A M3 a couple of years back claiming it was a `factory` Gp A car and history of a car that was destroyed years ago. I mentioned this to them, it was withdrawn from the Auction but appeared for sale soon after in Germany still claiming the same history......!!

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
GBP …. Correct !!!

Usual sales pitch given before auction started !!

One and only bid made and won this car
Am going to see the car in person today

Looks spectacular on the website