Seeking recommendation/advice for wood trim replacement

SlowRide27

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone - I have decided to take the leap and replace the delaminated, broken, and fading wood trim in my '69 2800cs. I was able to source the new wood trim pieces and I am confident I can handle the door panel disassembly and reassembly without issue. However, I am concerned the dash removal is beyond my paygrade and I am seeking advice from those of you kind enough to opine.

1. Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop in the PA/NJ area that would be willing and expertly able to do this work?
2. If I build up enough hubris to attempt the repair on my own, is it possible advisable to remove the dash/gauges without removing the windshield?

Thank you! r/ John

1709221404811.png
1709221447224.png

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
For the wood; there are options to buy refurbished sets, with a show level quality.
Check in with @TomHom. Some members recently have purchased from him and were happy. He's in Germany
Also @bela22 has been making very nice sets for a few years already. He's from Europe as well.

I only know Madeira concepts as a name who does wood stateside, but do search the site for experiences with them.

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi John,
as Erik already said we (that's my neighbour the carpenter and me) can supply whole sets or single components of the wood.
The main idea is to restore the installed wood, I.e. you will bring your wood and get a restored set. But often the installed wood is so weather-beaten that we cannot restore it anymore like we can see on your first pic. Then we will have to produce a new part.
You don't have to go for a whole set, you might go for the side trims and the loud speaker cover only.
A big issue will be the type of veneer, the colour tone and the varnish

You may contact me by pm
Best regards
Thomas

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was able to get a full set with no core required from @bela22. My cores were then sold to another person here.

Although I am in PA, I am not familiar with many shops that would do the installation for you. I have had some work done by Rag tops and Roadsters and suspect they could do the replacement.

@CSteve or @bill are both local and may have some thoughts as well.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score