Scheel 101 - Available new from Scheel-Mann again

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Just a heads up - I saw a posting from Scheel-Mann over the weekend and it looks like they are producing the original style Scheel 101 again.

IMG_5650.jpg

CSL177

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice... and priced fairly, too! I like that they can be had without headrests, if only you could delete the lumbar adjust à la Scheel 100.

That would be welcomed by owners of early 1800/2002s and Porsche 911s and 914s.

5280JB

Reaction score
Saw these and sat in them at Porsche Rennsport Reunion this past weekend - they look and feel like a very good quality product. The seat back has some capability to adjust its angle via that wheel on the outside corner (in pic above). They're going to sell a ton of these!

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyhow, I prefer to have headrests, care for my neck!
Scheel Konsole E9.JPG
These are the original mounts for the E9!
Thomas

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been involved with Scheel-Mann in the development of this product since last year. The goal was to bring out a modern technique seat with the appearance of the originals...so the best of both worlds.

You were the first person I thought of when I heard of these seats. So glad to hear that you were part of the process.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyhow, I prefer to have headrests, care for my neck!
View attachment 169257
These are the mounts for the E9!
Thomas
In the E9 world the headrest are proper but in the early 911 world where period correctness is taken to another level, the non-headrest seats are a must for early SWB builds...

Another thing I noticed was the Scheel fabric was put on the door panels! A very cool touch.

@Gerrit - Great job on the seats! Question. To my eye, the raised corduroy ribs on the new seat fabric looks to be slightly less than the original. Was that by design? I imagine exactly replicating the past fabric would be very difficult. The one thing I did love is the new fabric did not "bag-out" at all. People were sitting in that non-headrest seat for three days and it looked perfect on the last day.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
question - are they making the seat frames ... or are those pics of original frames? if they are NOT making the frames, if @TomHom or somebody else wants to take a bunch of photographs and provide dimensions, i will create detail drawings of them so they can be re-made.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
In the E9 world the headrest are proper but in the early 911 world where period correctness is taken to another level, the non-headrest seats are a must for early SWB builds...

Another thing I noticed was the Scheel fabric was put on the door panels! A very cool touch.

@Gerrit - Great job on the seats! Question. To my eye, the raised corduroy ribs on the new seat fabric looks to be slightly less than the original. Was that by design? I imagine exactly replicating the past fabric would be very difficult. The one thing I did love is the new fabric did not "bag-out" at all. People were sitting in that non-headrest seat for three days and it looked perfect on the last day.

FWIW, there were CSL’s and CS without headrests. I have no idea of what that timeline looks like, but it’s a thing. My CSI didn’t have headrests, but had the factory chrome plugs on the seat. I can provide lots of period CSL pics if we want to dive info that geeky rabbit hole for fun. :D

JohnP_02

Reaction score
Nice... and priced fairly, too! I like that they can be had without headrests, if only you could delete the lumbar adjust à la Scheel 100.

That would be welcomed by owners of early 1800/2002s and Porsche 911s and 914s.
GTS Classics also has an excellent reproduction Scheel 100 available called the Spa-Francorchamps for about half the price of the Scheel 101, and Stefan is great guy and supports the vintage car community. https://www.classiccarseats.com/classic-seats/spa-francorchamps-seats/

Between the two of these seats one could make a pretty nice CSL set up if they were so inclined ;)

Gerrit

Reaction score
I am not at liberty to give out technical details but you can imagine that for reasons of certification, it is not possible to build those seats with the technique of 45 years ago.