Possible Re Manufactured CSL Petri Wheel

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Scott is correct. Mine sold almost immediately and 2 people were disappointed to have missed out. Original, Csl wheels in good condition are exceedingly hard to find.

Wladek

Reaction score
I think the situation with genuine Petri vs replica, might be compared at some point to the situation with old genuine Alpina / Momo Prototipo 35cm from bmw e10 & some early porsche's vs modern genuine Momo Prototipo 35cm - everybody know that modern is also made by Momo, that it's technically the same wheel; but even that it cost 1/4 or 1/5 of the price of the old one - most people after spending 40, 50k$ or more on restoration of the car will want to put era correct genuine wheel & if they will not find or can't afford the old one, they will even prefer to put a different less desirable model or brand but era correct, instead of the new one.

Not talking here about people who know nothing about the cars they drive, or people who buy budget level cars, just to push them hard for couple months or so & then sell with couple hundreds profit.

Last edited:

Marc-M

Reaction score
I'm in the process of finding the hardware for an original wheel with a pitted rubber/foam rim. I want to have the rim leather covered to make it at least 3- 1/2" to 3- 3/4" circumference thick. The foam rim is now just 2-7/8" around and that's too thin. What is the circumference of your restored rim? The 2nd pic is a vintage Porsche rim a local wheel restorer is completing. He's been doing this for over 25 years. You can see it will be about 3-7/16" around. Thanks, Drew
www.custom-steering-wheels.com
Hi mine is 85mm - or 3 and 1/2 inch

regards

Marc