Officially new C9 owner

C

ckrop

Well I bit the bullet and bought the White 2800 coupe at Courmier. Will fly in from NJ to finalize and put my eyes on it before paying. But Peter (Coupe King) checked it out for me and gave me the green light. It has some issues but nothing that cant be dealt with. White isnt my favorite color but I hope it will grow on me(it better).Have never driven one before but think I will be happy with it. Anyway, I guess I will be spening a lot of time on this forum. See ya.
Charlie

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
alright CHARLIE. as one newbie to another - welcome. i think you bought a nice car

scott

tmason

Reaction score
Congrads on your purchase and don't worry Stan is right that color will grow on you! White is my favorite car color and our fleet of white cars and just change to one pewter silver which is my wife favorite color.
PS Post picture on your new ride when you get a chance.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
White is nice, chips can be successfully touched up with a touch up brush which is more than you can say for metallic paints. If you do have to have some panels painted it’s more reasonable than many colors and you have a better chance of matched paint by an average painter. It also shows dust and so so body work far less than darker colors do. It’s really the top choice for a low maintenance color. Besides that I think it looks elegant, especially if it has some black trim on the car to contrast with the white. I hope to paint my coupe white some day :mrgreen:. ~ John Buchtenkirch

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations. I, too, had never driven a coupe until mine arrived on the truck from 1200 miles away. Great cars to drive, once fully sorted. New motor mounts and guibo turned mine into a paragon of smoothness, so much so that I don't even miss the lack of a 5th gear.

Agree on white as a great color.

Seems like you bought a good one.

Scott

ckrop

Reaction score
Charlie

Heard you got it for a good price, what will Peter be doing to it?

Chris

It needs a couple of things but b ank account is dried up since purchase. He is putting in a new exhaust since the one on there is mucked up and sounds like a Honda with coffee can muffler. Great guys Peter and Erik. They have really been helpful and great to work with.