OE number for 1971 2800CS front rotors.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not of hand, but walloth nesch carries them.

Be sure to get the right ones for your car.... Vented or solid rotors

tdgray

Reaction score
Nope… they are NLA

I have yet to find a source for them.

Apparently, the work around is to upgrade to 3.0’s. Which involves some relocation of the caliper… or so I’ve surmised from the kit they sell.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nope… they are NLA

I have yet to find a source for them.

Apparently, the work around is to upgrade to 3.0’s. Which involves some relocation of the caliper… or so I’ve surmised from the kit they sell.
I may have a set (that I got as spare) for my old set up before I upgraded to vented rotors.
I can look next week in my shop and try to find them.... I don't recall seeing them from when I moved (and at that, the parts may have been from my old 2002 - will advise).

Last edited:

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Found them at Rock Auto! thanks Dick!
I bought disks from Rock auto about 4 years ago, they were the wrong disks. They may have fixed this. I understand some of us get disk upgrades from Walloth Nesh. I don't have the details, maybe someone in this forum can help.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Rock Auto. The detail to determine if you are getting the correct part is usually there if you click on the INFO box next to the part you think may work.

tdgray

Reaction score
I already went down that road… those are the wrong discs… they will insist they are fine… nope. Did this less than two months ago

raybestos … wont fit. Tried two different times. All of them got sent back.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I already went down that road… those are the wrong discs… they will insist they are fine… nope. Did this less than two months ago

raybestos … wont fit. Tried two different times. All of them got sent back.
How did the dimensions Rock Auto quoted differ from what you received and/or the ones on your car.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I may have a set (that I got as spare) for my old set up before I upgraded to vented rotors.
I can look next week in my shop and try to find them.... I don't recall seeing them from when I moved (and at that, the parts may have been from my old 2002 - will advise).
Update - I won't be able to look till Weds (at the earliest) - stay tuned....

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a spare OEM set from my 1974 3.0 CS sitting on the shelf. They are solids. I replaced with drilled and slotted rotors. Glad to give them to you if you pick them up in Healdsburg.
Regards, Jon

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 2800 uses solid rotors.

The 1974 Cs rotors are vented and will not fit in your calipers.

Dicks comment from above is partially correct- the e12 528i sold in USA uses vented rotors.

You have options- buy correct rotors…

Or upgrade to vented calipers and vented rotors….

tdgray

Reaction score
How did the dimensions Rock Auto quoted differ from what you received and/or the ones on your car.
The “hat” as my dad always called it is the wrong dimension. Both in diameter and depth. Also, one set I received had multiple holes for mounting which all were wrong and did not line up.

As per usual… Don is on top of it.

Personally when I do the restoration on mine I am going to make the switch… might as well future proof with something that is more widely available.