NOS genuine Eberspacher intermediate silencers (60mm I.D.) - U.K.

dj_efk

Reaction score
I have ann original, new old stock BMW / Eberspacher intermediate silencers for all 3.0 coupes (60mm internal diameter pipe) - The one without a hanger in the pics below.

Part number for both is 112166904 I think - (there are several numbers so check the pictures). This is heavy but depending on your location I can usually help arrange delivery.

At £80 I think it’d be worth it to pick up a spare part in case of a future need.

Last edited:

dj_efk

Reaction score
IMG_7450.jpeg
IMG_7449.jpeg

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
How do you know Erik? I am grateful for your wisdom if that’s true!
Sorry, late reply. (Tag me next time with a "@").

I bought one with a hanger and it took me quite a while to figure out that the curves of the pipes simply do not match to the end positions of the pipes it should attach to.
Secondly, there is no hanger provision under an e9 in that spot. There is in an e3.

I solved it by chopping the pipes off, and rewelding them back at the correct angles. If I remember well, I flipped the pipes; the one at the back is now in front of the silencer, and vice versa.
It looks stock but it isn't.

I think even the codes on it are indicating e3, but I'd have to check mine to confirm. (It's up 10 feet high in ropes suspended to my roof)

Last edited:

dj_efk

Reaction score
The silencer / muffler without a hanger is still available - Final call before I resort to eBay.