NMNA - $400K Ferrari that somebody actually drove

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have put 17k miles since I got my Ferrari GTC4Lusso in May this year! Love it. Slightly more power than my e9.
Ski rack is purely for optics to add some humor, but removed it.
2E7331F2-339C-49C4-B557-995E5A22A889_1_102_o.jpeg
A643944A-B76E-4237-9956-869FA50CC78B_1_102_o.jpeg
5EBD2FB8-9A31-4B66-95AB-E84016B361F1_1_102_o.jpeg

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool that your are driving your new toy Scott. Did you wrap the roof and the tailgate or did it come that way? The roof design is one of the defining features of the FF (which I love). It seems to get lost now that it's black.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool that your are driving your new toy Scott. Did you wrap the roof and the tailgate or did it come that way? The roof design is one of the defining features of the FF (which I love). It seems to get lost now that it's black.
The roof is glass, so mostly not wrapped, but just wrapped the A and C pillars, which Ferrari has done on this model but not often. I did black out the back, which I hav not ever seen done yet, but I really like it. Need to cover the areas over the lights as shown below, which were not yet done, just mocked up. Added the stripe on the hood. Really feels like my car now.
1703644633344.png

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Earlier in the fall my wife went down to visit our daughter who's going to school in LA. They kept texting me pictures of cars and asking what they were. One of them was a Ferrari GTC4Lusso. Identifying it gave me the opportunity to the use the term "shooting brake." Oddly it just doesn't seem to come up that often in casual conversation.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Earlier in the fall my wife went down to visit our daughter who's going to school in LA. They kept texting me pictures of cars and asking what they were. One of them was a Ferrari GTC4Lusso. Identifying it gave me the opportunity to the use the term "shooting brake." Oddly it just doesn't seem to come up that often in casual conversation.
Agreed. There are really no shooting brakes on the market and I adore the body style. From the moment I saw the FF I knew I was in love. There’s nothing else like it. You either love it or hate it.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott, In case your bored this week, you could trow a couple of bids in on this collection of FF stuff.

My car came with luggage originally but orig owner kept it. I found one piece on eBay and bought it. LOVE. Sorry image is upside down.
1703779745323.png

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
A Pista is a very special, low production car. A Lusso ain't by a long shot. Good on you for driving it but there are no parallels here between these to F cars.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
A Pista is a very special, low production car. A Lusso ain't by a long shot. Good on you for driving it but there are no parallels here between these to F cars.
Well, actually, there were more Pista's made vs. V12 Lusso's, by far, but for some reason all 4 seat Ferrari's, other than new SUV, are not favored and haven't been for some time. However, I would argue that a Shooting Brake is much more rare and likely will never be made again. Also, purely from a cost standpoint, my Lusso was more valuable when it left the factory, but clearly the Pista is worth MUCH more than any Lusso. But I hear you loud and clear.

B20A67D6-64F2-4562-9E6C-F5D33B1508E4_4_5005_c.jpeg

vs

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Lusso, unlike most (if not all) of the other F cars these days, was actually meant to be driven in the real world to places to do things once upon arrival. But even taking that into consideration, I seriously doubt that many of the other ones out there get as much use as Scott has put on his. So, again kudos for actually driving your car.

The Pista, as its name states, is track focused. Not so good for getting to St. Moritz in the winter with your skis, or Sun Valley for that matter. So yes, 18k miles on the Pista is probably a bit more of an "accomplishment" than where Scott is right now, but give him a few more ski seasons...

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Lusso, unlike most (if not all) of the other F cars these days, was actually meant to be driven in the real world to places to do things once upon arrival. But even taking that into consideration, I seriously doubt that many of the other ones out there get as much use as Scott has put on his. So, again kudos for actually driving your car.

The Pista, as its name states, is track focused. Not so good for getting to St. Moritz in the winter with your skis, or Sun Valley for that matter. So yes, 18k miles on the Pista is probably a bit more of an "accomplishment" than where Scott is right now, but give him a few more ski seasons...
True that. For sure, 18k miles on a 2020 track car is rare and an achievement. Glad to see others actually enjoying their Ferrari's as so many owners don't drive them much. I drive mine daily; not so much with MY BABY. I truly do enjoy my e9 when I do elect to drive it. The joy of shifting and the sound is great, but there's something about the sound of a V12 with 690 hp. It is really intoxicating.

Truth be told, the e9 deserves an owner that would drive it more, as I used to, but don't feel that selling it would result in enough money to make it worthwhile, and I have the space to keep it, and do enjoy just looking at it in the garage.

Sorry to hijack the post.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Scott
C920A112-8A6E-41E9-A3CC-DDAECC080C91_1_105_c.jpeg