New member and an introduction...

Ebonix

Reaction score
Hi all,

Introducing myself to member of this board, i hail from Melbourne Australia, i'm a fond BMW owner, driver and now becoming a restorer, it's a challenge i'm looking forward too.

Just a few days ago i became the 2nd owner of a BMW 2000 SC which is in need of some repairs, it has a seized engine and the back window is broken and the radiator is missing, other than that, the car is a 99% complete rolling chassis and body with all original parts still attached. I have not personally seen this vehicle, i have seen the photographs (attached) and i can confirm it has surface rust in a few places and some deep rust where the radiator normally sits. The car is currently being transported from the opposite end of Australia and it will arrive at my house on wednesday. I will dismantle the vehicle over the following few weeks, bring it back to bare metal, then primer it and then pass it over to the body shop for a full respray, not sure if i will keep the original colour which i think might be Polaris??

So i have a question for you, how easy is it to restore the original engine or how hard is it to locate and engine for replacement?

Thanks for reading and taking an interest, also, thanks Dan for activating me :-D

Cheers!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 94
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 83

bmw art car

Reaction score
nice car :)

g'day mate
welcome aboard
don't know about the engine fitments maybe a 2002 engine would work or maybe even a M30?