New Air Dam for the Coupe

pamp

Reaction score
Air Dam

No criticism intended, just to say to others that this is not a direct "bolt - on" and work is required to make fit to taste and eye. As you say, the bodies vary. So no "one part fits all"
I also hit the piece with a gel coat primer prior to paint and after the fitting process as there is certainly grinding and line up work, especially the back side to fit over the valance. And yes, I did remove material from the bumper, lower front edge. I do all my own work, in my own shop, as like Dan, I live fairly remote and rarely rely on outside help.

jcat

Reaction score
I have installed 2 of Dans air dams and both were fine. One fit pretty good out of the box and the other needed to be modified a bit. The quality was fine. for the price I think they are great. I have seen others in Europe but shipping would be costly. Happy to have a local source.

pamp

Reaction score
Is it wrong?

Just curious as to whether it is appropriate to re-badge. I have seen a few cars here on the forum that started life as a 3.0 CS then restored with more modern engine packages. Say, like mine, a 3.3 liter and d-jet conversion. Is it now a 3.3 CSi? or Paul's...3.8 CSi. Or a few others...3.5 CSi. No criticism intended here, just curious how others think on this one. My car still displays as a 3.0 CS

TrackRat

Reaction score
Vince , The airdam was worth all the tweaks and effort... Really sweet. and those BBS RS mesh wheels are superb looking on the coupe. The low, front 3/4 views really float my boat... she's got a great stance.

Doug B

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Just curious as to whether it is appropriate to re-badge.

I think it's kinda cool...it lets other enthusiasts know that there is a swap and the average person wouldn't know the difference anyway. Just don't stick an M badge on it.

3.3 liter? Is that 3210cc? Maybe it should be a 3.2csi? :)

JohnHein

Reaction score
Currently living in Houston North suburbs
Is it wrong to rebadge?

I think the re-badge question is a good one. Like many, my '71 2800 CS is a mutt. It has a replacement 3.3 and '74 vintage seats and door panels. I am looking at painting mine and removing the 2800 badge altogether and leaving a clean trunk lid with nothing except the center roundel. The 2800 numerals are odd anyway and seem miss-placed. I have noticed that some of the new and late model Bimmers and Benzes are un-badged. I understand that the "no-badge" option is common on Euro versions as a way of understating what are often very exclusive/expensive models. An E9 without a badge will make it even more of a mystery car.

bmw art car

Reaction score
I don't think the badge looks wrong. it looks time periodic correct
it was the consequent step from the 1500 to 2000cs and then 2800cs
taking it off is another thing.
i'ts all good to me... as long as you don't stick a 3.5csl on instead :)

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Where did that come from?? Belongs on a rice burner, perfect for a honda or the like. Before you attack, these things are a matter of personal taste and preference, mine does not think this adds anything at all to the E9 coupe.

Last edited:

pamp

Reaction score
No insult intended

I for one admire innovation = save some $$ Have to reserve comment on the spoiler till I see it painted. Yet I have to ask this...mud flaps? Too much...and why? Do you have improper wheel / tire size that would warrant a ticket from the local cops? Does not appear to be the case... To each their own I suppose...

Last edited: